Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Three Row Car Based SUV/Crossover

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I wanted to buy a Subaru! A forester XT was a top pick. The CVT killed it (for me, at least). I am surprised they lack a performance SUV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 they should offer their Forester Sport with a turbo . . . unless their 3.6 would fit.

Our '13 Forester was the last model pre CVT and had an old style four speed AT. Not super great MPG but its got good grunt around town. Our '18 Outback has the 3.6L engine and the CVT and I have not lacked for power when I wanted it. Time will tell for longevity but the Outbacks have had them quite awhile now.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    In the case of the Pilot, it’s not. Or, it wasn’t the last time I tried finding a way.
    The 2019 Pilot we drove had a giant easy to find button center console to defeat it.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

Our '13 Forester was the last model pre CVT and had an old style four speed AT. Not super great MPG but its got good grunt around town. Our '18 Outback has the 3.6L engine and the CVT and I have not lacked for power when I wanted it. Time will tell for longevity but the Outbacks have had them quite awhile now.
    I just remember the days when CVTs couldn’t handle any torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The 2019 Pilot we drove had a giant easy to find button center console to defeat it.
    yes, we have that.

It resets every single time you get in the car. It's annoying as shit, especially for a car I don't drive all that often.

I want it off, permanently. Oftentimes you can find a hack for this online, but when I checked last there wasn't one.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    yes, we have that.

It resets every single time you get in the car. It's annoying as shit, especially for a car I don't drive all that often.

I want it off, permanently. Oftentimes you can find a hack for this online, but when I checked last there wasn't one.
    Yes, we were informed it could not be defeated as default by the dealer which is a bother. I’ve never loved with the system so unsure if it would bother me.

My main question is: is the ZF 9 speed worth it?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Stop/start saves a lot of gas. I first had it in a ‘14 Volvo; it took two days to get used to. I expect it to be a standard feature on most cars fairly soon.
    We had that on a Jeep Compass we rented on vacation. It’s weird, and different, and I don’t like it.

Chevy Suburban, Subaru Ascent, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    We had that on a Jeep Compass we rented on vacation. It’s weird, and different, and I don’t like it.

It is weird and different. As I said, I got over it, as did my incredibly intolerant Okie wife. It can be shut off with a dash switch.

My wife has stopped pushing the button to turn off the auto-start as well. I can't stand the hitch in the giddyup so I try to shut it off.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Stop/start saves a lot of gas. I first had it in a ‘14 Volvo; it took two days to get used to. I expect it to be a standard feature on most cars fairly soon.
    Could you expand on that?

I believe you as I know little about cars but it does sound counterintuitive.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List