Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Down the Practical Hole

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post

I'd really love to see more of these in the 12.5" compact stock,
    Same here. That would be the perfect setup.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

The beat goes on with Part 4:

Down the Practical Hole: Part 4
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

We have liftoff the Practical Rifle project. It’s a Ruger American Ranch in 6.5 Grendel swapped into a compact stock and sporting a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8. The muzzle device is a quick attach flash hider for a YHM .30 can. That group is three shots at 50 yards into a 2” circle with the rifle resting on a backpack.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    What's that cheek pad/riser?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    What's that cheek pad/riser?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is not staying place well. I'm going to wrap it for now, but it will ultimately be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    We have liftoff the Practical Rifle project. It’s a Ruger American Ranch in 6.5 Grendel swapped into a compact stock .........
    Did you order that compact stock directly from Ruger? I see they list the standard length stock in black for $100, but I don't see a compact. Midway lists the compact stock at $80, but it says discontinued.

I didn't think those black compact stocks would work with the non-Ruger magwells. I suppose I should have called Ruger.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Did you order that compact stock directly from Ruger? I see they list the standard length stock in black for $100, but I don't see a compact. Midway lists the compact stock at $80, but it says discontinued.

I didn't think those black compact stocks would work with the non-Ruger magwells. I suppose I should have called Ruger.
    I called their customer service number and sweet talked the lady into finding the part number for the compact stock based one of the rifles they do offer with it.

The part number for the black, compact stock is: 1084832

I did't ask about other colors because black is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    We have liftoff the Practical Rifle project. It’s a Ruger American Ranch in 6.5 Grendel swapped into a compact stock and sporting a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8. The muzzle device is a quick attach flash hider for a YHM .30 can. That group is three shots at 50 yards into a 2” circle with the rifle resting on a backpack.
    I am very much looking forward to the reports from this project.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I had been postponing looking at this discussion, until today. I am thankful for all of the writing, images, and links. All of it.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    @jlw, any updates on the Ruger? I find myself thinking again about picking up an RAR.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List