Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden Suggests Starting ‘Physical Revolution’ To Deal With Republicans

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Instead of the civil war you’re imagining imagine this one instead.

You’re standing over a ditch filled with women and children soaked in gasoline and preparing to burn them alive. A neighboring sectarian group mortared a local playground and this is retribution.

It wasn’t supposed to be like this you think to yourself. Originally our militia was based on the ideas of liberty and the constitution. But those were the early days. Some sociopaths rose to leadership in the militia around the same time the fight became as much about food as it did freedom. You thought about getting out, but a couple of your neighbors and good friends had the same idea and were discovered by the leadership. So they were executed after being forced to watch their families being publicly raped almost to death and then dismembered alive. Unfortunately, the security needed to keep your family alive means that your fortified town is just as much of a prison as it is a “freedom base”and since you’d been acting kinda funny lately leadership decided they would put you on this detail to see if you were still a part of the group.

So there you stand on the edge of a ditch almost deafened by the screams of women and children who are going to be burned to death wether or not you light them first. But if you don’t, something similar or more horrible is going to happen to your family while you watch. Before you yourself are treated to a similar fate.

So, if civil warring stills sounds like an awesome fun time after imagining that then have at it.
    Time is a flat circle. This has happened before and it will happen again. The idiots on both sides wanting “revolution” or “The Bugaloo” have no idea about the reality of war, much less civil war.

BTW, what do you think China, Russia, Mexico etc will be doing while we fight among ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Time is a flat circle. This has happened before and it will happen again. The idiots on both sides wanting “revolution” or “The Bugaloo” have no idea about the reality of war, much less civil war.

BTW, what do you think China, Russia, Mexico etc will be doing while we fight among ourselves.
    Ummm, sending in "Peace Keepers" (cough, cough) of course. You know, help restore order and shit.
    Our decent into that kind of chaos would be their wet dream.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I've a Bosnian muslim friend who lasted through the entire siege of Sarajevo. He nods at this post. Thankfully he, his daughter, and his parents made it through. But they know hundreds who didn't.
    My wife’s family and many friends were on the other side and it wasn’t pretty for them either - then they got bombed by NATO. Point is - even the “winning side” still gets ducked (spell check).

Our civil war was really a state’s war and other than in the frontier- stayed pretty civil as opposed to most true civil wars and revolutions.

As HCM stated - things go around and there is always going to be a tendency to kill the other side to make things right. Problem is that even with a good white washing of history things are really ugly from a human point of view. But one thing that made our revolution special is that we were able to put together a pretty good system after the fact - it doesn’t work that way most of the time.

If this “war” happens then whichever side wins - America has lost.

Site Supporter
    People been ready to overthrow the government ever since Daniel Shays.

Spoiler alert: It's not really a thing and if you were successful, you'd probably just fuck it up even worse.

Then you would get both revolution, and America split into several nation states as China, Russia, and the UN all rush in to annex various parts.

Sorry threeper...try again.

Maybe instead, take someone shooting, grab a coffee, have a conversation, smoke a joint whatever.

Show "them" you're not a "them" and you might be surprised to know they're probably not actually a "them" either. Maybe just a worried father or mother who hopes their family gets a fair shake. By no means some monster in need of rape and pillage.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Ummm, sending in "Peace Keepers" (cough, cough) of course. You know, help restore order and shit.
    Our decent into that kind of chaos would be their wet dream.
    I suspect that it would be less an opportunity to try to annex territory*, but more an opportunity to sell weapons and send "advisors" in exchange for resources.

*Annexing territory is mostly a sucker's game, especially if the place is a long way away, you don't have a historic claim, and is filled with people who aren't ethnically similar. Mexico could and would be able to get away with it. China & Russia would not.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I suspect that it would be less an opportunity to try to annex territory*, but more an opportunity to sell weapons and send "advisors" in exchange for resources.

*Annexing territory is mostly a sucker's game, especially if the place is a long way away, you don't have a historic claim, and is filled with people who aren't ethnically similar. Mexico could and would be able to get away with it. China & Russia would not.
    China and Russia doing that would probably unite everyone against the "foreign invaders". As you said, Mexico would probably get away with it, especially in the border states, because that's practically Mexico culturally speaking.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    There isn't any bridge to be built, we need an amicable divorce. The borders more or less exist for it along the Appalachian and Sierra Nevada mountains

Attachment 39203
    In about five years (or maybe now) that map will need revising. Texas is turning purple. The Austin Containment Wall has been breached, and Californians are spilling out all over the state!

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    In about five years (or maybe now) that map will need revising. Texas is turning purple. The Austin Containment Wall has been breached, and Californians are spilling out all over the state!
    Interestingly enough - a recent poll I saw indicated that a higher percentage of native born Texans voted for Beto against Cruz, than the percentage of Kalifornia refugees......

But yes - I fear Texas is lost.....

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    The logical solution would be term limits for congress, but good luck with that, the pigs are not willingly leaving the feeding trough. Then there's the idea of splitting the country up lefties on one side, righties on the other..big fence(wall) in between.(A rather simple view to a complex problem, I know) But the problem with that is, that just as soon as the lefties crash their economy, (and it would'nt take long) they're going to come for what the righties have, So, you're back to square one..

I guess the best we could hope for is for the left to keep pushing extreme lefty ideals, and at the same time chasing their voting base away, that has a real chance of happening..
    Along those lines, if the Left ever hired me as a consultant (like that'd ever happen ), I'd have told them to take the moral high road and work with Trump allowing them to demonstrate that they could rise above the usual antics in DC rather than continue to flog the dead horse that is the endless investigation of every possible thing. It is not like Trump hasn't offered and even tried to work with the Dems; they'll hand him the ''win'' though by 'stiff-arming' him at every turn and continuing on with the usual DC silliness. By refusing to come to the table, they come off as nothing more than obstructionists for the sake of doing so. As I have said before, there are no adults in DC. Just different grades of childishness exhibited by all actors every day.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List