Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Biden Suggests Starting ‘Physical Revolution’ To Deal With Republicans

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I am Trump's age. I have a great number of highly educated extremely stable genius friends. We know the problems of physical age, loss of mental acuity and emotional instability that comes with age. We are smart enough not to be true believers but trained in empirical methods to evaluate various situations. We are left wing, centrists and right wing nuts in orientation. We all agree that the country doesn't need old farts in their seventies.

If you want to work - be a greeter at WalMart or flip burgers like many of the poorer folks in this age group that I see now.

Biden, Bernie, Trump - go watch Golden Girls repeats and let some young folks (who are less likely to drop dead taking a dump) have a chance.
    Dude... President Trump is in WAY better shape than Elvis was.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    That's funny. We are not greeters because we were lucky enough to get good positions that led to decent retirement. However, when I see people my age being supermarket employees, I have to feel sympathetic.

I return to the basic point that while older folks can work and contribute, we are better served than with the current geezer president and set of geezer opponents.

Biden is a liar. Trump is a liar. Neither understand the 2nd Amend. We can do better. Sorry, true believers of any party.

I am Trump's age. I have a great number of highly educated extremely stable genius friends. We know the problems of physical age, loss of mental acuity and emotional instability that comes with age. We are smart enough not to be true believers but trained in empirical methods to evaluate various situations. We are left wing, centrists and right wing nuts in orientation. We all agree that the country doesn't need old farts in their seventies.

If you want to work - be a greeter at WalMart or flip burgers like many of the poorer folks in this age group that I see now.

Biden, Bernie, Trump - go watch Golden Girls repeats and let some young folks (who are less likely to drop dead taking a dump) have a chance.
    Another good argument for term limits..

Site Supporter
    True. The sleaze of Schumer, Biden, Graham and McConnell would be replaced by younger sleaze bags.

True. The sleaze of Schumer, Biden, Graham and McConnell would be replaced by younger sleaze bags.
    Yup, but with term limits, that would limit the amount of damage they could do, as it is now, everyone in your quote above, has several decades of self enrichment behind them, at the taxpayers expense, of course..

Biden is a liar. Trump is a liar. We can do better.
    There you go, proving that you really old guys are losing your marbles (unlike us young, vigorous 60-somethings).

The sad truth is that we can't do better because decent people no longer are willing to put up with what it takes. Trump, the Twitter champ, will be the GOP candidate (the others running might be even worse than he is), and every single Dem. candidate who I know anything about is only fit to be the passenger in a clown car.

They are all bad. They are all ignorant, pandering fools who want to vastly increase the powers of the federal government to tax, regulate and control us.

In other words, it is clown cars all around, full of pompous, preening and entitled lightweights.

And, if Trump wins (which I think he might), in 2024 both parties will be putting forward masses of pompous and preening clown car riders.

When we threw out our Constitution and gave the federal government unlimited powers over us and created the beginnings of an imperial Presidency, we guaranteed this result. The only good things are that our clown-Emperors can only stay in power for 8 years each, and that they get elected (admittedly in increasingly fraudulent elections) rather than anointed by the military and secret service. Fraudulent elections are better than civil wars for choosing new clown-Emperors.

The only way out of this mess is to go back to the old Constitution of limited powers and a very limited executive. That system attracted some highly qualified candidates as well as clown car riders. Of course, that will never happen. Too many people depend on the new Constitution's way of doing things to ever allow us to meaningfully cut the power of the federal government and banish the idiots who know how to run our lives better than we do to productive employment.
    Last edited by Jeep; 06-20-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    In other words, it is clown cars all around, full of pompous, preening and entitled lightweights.
    To paraphrase Stealers Wheel:

Clowns to the left of us, jokers to the right...here we are...

(How apropos that they thought to include both "left" and "right".)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List