Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Biden Suggests Starting ‘Physical Revolution’ To Deal With Republicans

Quote Originally Posted by oakdalecurtis View Post
    Please re-read post #31.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Interestingly enough - a recent poll I saw indicated that a higher percentage of native born Texans voted for Beto against Cruz, than the percentage of Kalifornia refugees......

But yes - I fear Texas is lost.....
    This was reasonably well reported, at least I heard about it in the months after the election. It's generally the case that what's keeping Texas red is the refugees from blue states who experienced the darkness there and moved here to get away from it. Most people in Texas grow up urban or suburban, and as already discussed at length, that tends to generate a left-leaning outlook on the world. DB talked at length in the recent P&S modcast about how Texas now looks a lot like California in the '80s and '90s.

Cruz was recently the Sunday guest on Shapiro's show, and had some thoughts about what made the difference in changing Cali from the land of Reagan to what it is now.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

@oakdalecurtis

I got not way to prove this but I'm pretty sure the the lower half of that picture represents a lot of the actors in state and national level GOP, vs the top half.

For instance, the S.C. Republican party.
    Last edited by pooty; 06-19-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Many years ago I worked in the Senate (as the most junior employee of the Senate--nevertheless I got paid, which is why I was there).

Joe Biden was known as the dumbest man in the Senate. I am told that in his home state he is called "America's guest" because he never pays for anything if it is at all possible (including, among other things, pizzas, plumbing repairs and pets, just to use some of the words starting with "P"). He sells houses at shockingly high prices and buys them at shockingly low prices from campaign contributors.

He is known for loudly saying "do you know who I am?" to airline clerks. He kisses up and kicks down. His peers love him--those who work for him get to see another side. Girls at the high school he went to warn each other to avoid being caught alone in a room with him (he visits frequently) at all costs.

He is also given to trying to show the swamp denizens of Washington how he is a tough guy. He wants them to believe he grew up in tough, working-class circumstance (which he didn't--his father was a successful car salesman and Joe was thoroughly middle class).

Joe Biden has more flat spots than most people. And he could try to come across as a tough guy talking about "revolution." But he isn't a tough guy, doesn't want a revolution and is no direct physical threat to any of us. He is a member of America's establishment and doesn't want to change anything fundamental (even if some of his policies would gut the economy, unlike Bernie that would not be their goal).

I don't like Joe and I'd worry about him as President because he makes so many mistakes (though I agree with many of Trump's policies, I worry about him for the same reason). But cause a revolution or civil war? No. At least he would never purposely do that. Nor is he a thug at heart. Harris, Warren and Sanders all have at least something of an inner thug. Biden does not--spoiled and entitled, but not a thug.
    Last edited by Jeep; 06-19-2019 at 02:57 PM.

@Jeep

Thanks for that analysis and point of view. It's good to get the facts from someone one respects. Can't say I'm particularly surprised, but it's still disappointing.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @Jeep

Thanks for that analysis and point of view. It's good to get the facts from someone one respects. Can't say I'm particularly surprised, but it's still disappointing.
    I think that the truth is most politicians are disappointing. They are ordinary people with a gift of persuading others and most are in politics to gratify their egos. There tends to be little there, there, and you can never rely on the media to tell you the truth.

If we go back some decades, Adalai Stevenson was called the "thinking man's candidate." The intellectuals and media loved him, and treated him as a genius, comparing him to the inarticulate Eisenhower. In fact, Eisenhower was considered in the Army to be a brilliant staff officer and was promoted to head SHAPE because he was the brightest of his generation. And Stevenson? When he died, there was only one book in his room--"The Social Register." Stevenson was a very good actor, and could act the part of an intellectual but had an extremely mediocre mind. Eisenhower wasn't an actor (though he said of his time working for MacArthur that he had "studied acting for four years under MacArthur") and believed in OPSEC so his comments to the media came across as being inarticulate.

I thought Joe Biden could have beaten Trump in 2016, but I doubt he can beat him now. Biden is clearly feeling the effects of age far more than Trump. But while I'd worry about what he did when he took office (stuff even stupider than some of Trumps tweets), I would not worry about him sending the thought police to round us up. Harris, Sanders and Warren have much more of the Jacobin in them.

But would Biden fire a warning shot first?

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    But would Biden fire a warning shot first?
    He's a shotgun man. You only have to rack 'em to get your message across.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    More saber rattling in OR: to

Send bachelors and come heavily armed’: GOP state senator responds to Gov. Brown’s police threat

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc...c-2f8df92919ff

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    More saber rattling in OR: to

Send bachelors and come heavily armed’: GOP state senator responds to Gov. Brown’s police threat

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc...c-2f8df92919ff
    You know, every time I figure that Republican politicians are a bunch of useless idiots, the Dems do something truly outrageous that makes you question whether they are simply totalitarians.

This dispute in Oregon is on "cap and trade." The Dems in Oregon want to impose a cap and trade regime in Oregon to raise lots of tax money and reduce CO2 emissions.

Now the truth is that Oregon's forests probably serve as a CO2 sink as they absorb CO2, and there is a very good chance that Oregon produces less CO2 than it absorbs. Moreover, even if one accepts that CO2 emissions are going to destroy the world (indirectly--the full theory is that the CO2 will cause greatly increased methane and water vapor, and those more potent greenhouse gasses will destroy the world), the truth is that Oregon's CO2 emissions are so slight on the global scale that reducing them will make absolutely no difference as China, India and the third world vastly increase their own. Oregon's CO2 won't be even a rounding error.

Nevertheless, Oregon is full of Greens (who mainly live in the cities, of course), and it is an article of faith to Greens that everyone needs to reduce their CO2 emissions. They don't plan to cut their own use of electricity of course. Instead they have put forward this cap and trade plan--a plan that will over time devastate the economies of many rural areas since their own industries are not profitable enough to take the extra burden of what, in effect, is a very complex tax.

In other words, this is a plan supported by the people who live in the cities, whose effect will largely be felt by rural people, and which will do no material environmental good. In crude political terms, it is a potentially crippling tax being levied by Dems on Reps because they can do so.

I can't blame rural Oregonians for resenting this, and personally I resent the Dems' constant efforts to impose their desired changes on others. They want us to impoverish ourselves with taxes so they can transfer the money to their voters, they want to push our standard of living down, treat many of us as members of suspect--and disfavored-classes, and load tons of new regulations on us--including, of course, taking away our guns.

None (or at least few) of their plans will do much, if any, good--we have seen failure after failure over the last 50 years--and most are about them controlling the rest of us and telling us what to do.

In the end, they are going to force me to vote for Trump again (I know he is popular with many here; while I agree with much of what he has done I truly dislike how he does things) and I don't think I will ever forgive the Dems for that.

--End of rant--
    Last edited by Jeep; 06-20-2019 at 09:03 AM.

User Tag List