Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Biden Suggests Starting ‘Physical Revolution’ To Deal With Republicans

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    You know, every time I figure that Republican politicians are a bunch of useless idiots, the Dems do something truly outrageous that makes you question whether they are simply totalitarians.
    I knew we got along for a reason...

I've been ranting all week to the poor missus and the dog about the hypocrisy of the Dems / Left, all the more because I wish there was some reasonable alternative to some of the b.s. coming from the R's and the (so called) "Right".

The slogan I've made up in my mind for the Left / Dems this week is: Diversity & Inclusiveness through Uniformity & Submission.

(In other words, their so called (sham) diversity and inclusiveness extends only to those who believe as they do. Diversity through homogeneity. All others need not apply. )

On top of this, watching them (self-righteously) devour their own this week has been pretty telling. (At least with Trump there's no subtlety to his personal attack on his opponents, whether based in fact or complete b.s.)

I ain't havin' it. And I'm betting most of us here aren't either.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    ...The slogan I've made up in my mind for the Left / Dems this week is: Diversity & Inclusiveness through Uniformity & Submission...
    And a perfect example of this is how hard they dismiss conservative women and conservative non-white males as not being worthy of representing their respective points of view.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Site Supporter
    He's a shotgun man. You only have to rack 'em to get your message across.

He is a double barrel blowhard. The man is an idiot. He suffers from the same old man idiocy that Trump does.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    He is a double barrel blowhard. The man is an idiot. He suffers from the same old man idiocy that Trump does.
    Crap! I am Trump's age. I guess it's over for me.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    "Old Fart" Carter...yep, knew him back during the Trump days, by golly...

(No worries, you can see me coming in your rear view mirror. That insignificant speck on the distant horizon.)

Last edited by blues; 06-20-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    I am Trump's age. I have a great number of highly educated extremely stable genius friends. We know the problems of physical age, loss of mental acuity and emotional instability that comes with age. We are smart enough not to be true believers but trained in empirical methods to evaluate various situations. We are left wing, centrists and right wing nuts in orientation. We all agree that the country doesn't need old farts in their seventies.

If you want to work - be a greeter at WalMart or flip burgers like many of the poorer folks in this age group that I see now.

Biden, Bernie, Trump - go watch Golden Girls repeats and let some young folks (who are less likely to drop dead taking a dump) have a chance.

Diversity & Inclusiveness through Uniformity & Submission.
    George Orwell would be proud of you.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-męme, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    George Orwell would be proud of you.
    I'll take that as a true compliment, WB. Thank you, my friend.

(Unrelated, but it reminded me of a compliment from 1975 which came to me from Mary Hemingway, Ernest Hemingway's widow, whom I had the honor to assist with the purchase of a beautiful handmade Adirondack canoe to be shipped to Margaux and Mariel in Ketchum, Idaho. She told me "Papa would have liked you." I couldn't stop beaming all day.)
    Last edited by blues; 06-20-2019 at 12:56 PM.

I'll take that as a true compliment, WB. Thank you, my friend.

(Unrelated, but it reminded me of a compliment from 1975 which came to me from Mary Hemingway, Ernest Hemingway's widow, whom I had the honor to assist with the purchase of a beautiful handmade Adirondack canoe to be shipped to Margaux and Mariel in Ketchum, Idaho. She told me "Papa would have liked you." I couldn't stop beaming all day.)
    And you should take it as such :-)

You did better for the Hemingways than I did for Maria Felix.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-męme, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I am Trump's age. I have a great number of highly educated extremely stable genius friends. We know the problems of physical age, loss of mental acuity and emotional instability that comes with age. We are smart enough not to be true believers but trained in empirical methods to evaluate various situations. We are left wing, centrists and right wing nuts in orientation. We all agree that the country doesn't need old farts in their seventies.

If you want to work - be a greeter at WalMart or flip burgers like many of the poorer folks in this age group that I see now.

Biden, Bernie, Trump - go watch Golden Girls repeats and let some young folks (who are less likely to drop dead taking a dump) have a chance.
    So, are you and your friends retired or greeters at WalMart?

I can't do either as I have 26 people depending on me for a paycheck and the hope of a better future. Maybe some old farts in their seventies can still be useful.

User Tag List