Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden Suggests Starting ‘Physical Revolution’ To Deal With Republicans

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I don't think so, because it won't look like Lexington. It'll look like the Murrah Federal Building.

There is no win for another civil war albeit I know righties cheering for it.

Attachment 39179

With you 100% on this one JHC. Anyone who cheers for war (civil or otherwise) has not seen the brutality, waste and sorrow that always accompanies it.

Problem is, with both sides stoking wholesale division, it might be inevitable. It seems that playing to/with the public's anger (pick a topic, any topic ) is the preferred tactic for getting the desired candidate into office or objective on the ballot. Consequences can be a real problem though and I think that the extremely polarized nature of discourse these days is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. I pray that we never see more than what exists today and that we are at the height of this particular cycle, but my gut tells me otherwise.

Sick of the idiocy in DC and the general tone seen today that tolerance/equality is a 'must' so long as how it is administered is in agreement with the particular group/interest demanding it. Before anyone loses their minds over that; that sort of idiocy exists everywhere and without exception.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Back in the mid 80s Jeff Cooper called Biden the "Lickspittle lapdog of the lunatic left.

Still is.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash41984 View Post
    Dude, thats F'd up like a football bat.
    Indeed, but 100% spot on regarding events that transpired in the Yugoslavian Wars of 1991-1999 and Iraq circa 2005-2008.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 06-18-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    IIRC another intent was that a 'well regulated militia' would allow the Federal Government to maintain a very small, standing army since the citizens could mob into a militia if anyone made it past the US Navy.

This is the other half of the 2nd Amendment that seems to be mostly ignored.
    In the time of the Revolution and writing of the BOR, the Navy was not an anti-invasion force. If anything, the strategy were ships to protect US interests overseas and if forced to fight, probably the British, to act as commerce raiders as a deterrent. The idea of a powerful navy (not counting the costal and river forces of the Civil War) didn't start to occur until the later part of the 19th Cent.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    With you 100% on this one JHC. Anyone who cheers for war (civil or otherwise) has not seen the brutality, waste and sorrow that always accompanies it.

Problem is, with both sides stoking wholesale division, it might be inevitable. It seems that playing to/with the public's anger (pick a topic, any topic ) is the preferred tactic for getting the desired candidate into office or objective on the ballot. Consequences can be a real problem though and I think that the extremely polarized nature of discourse these days is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. I pray that we never see more than what exists today and that we are at the height of this particular cycle, but my gut tells me otherwise.

Sick of the idiocy in DC and the general tone seen today that tolerance/equality is a 'must' so long as how it is administered is in agreement with the particular group/interest demanding it. Before anyone loses their minds over that; that sort of idiocy exists everywhere and without exception.

The logical solution would be term limits for congress, but good luck with that, the pigs are not willingly leaving the feeding trough. Then there's the idea of splitting the country up lefties on one side, righties on the other..big fence(wall) in between.(A rather simple view to a complex problem, I know) But the problem with that is, that just as soon as the lefties crash their economy, (and it would'nt take long) they're going to come for what the righties have, So, you're back to square one..

I guess the best we could hope for is for the left to keep pushing extreme lefty ideals, and at the same time chasing their voting base away, that has a real chance of happening..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-18-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    I get it, war is savage. It's also human nature.

For those who say blood isn't the answer, what is?

Uhh, idk, to wake up tomorrow and go to work, not be a dick, and just keep living life? Set some short term goals, and a 5 year plan? Put away money for retirement? Plan a vacation?

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    How do we bridge the two sides we've allowed ourselves to become? How do we force the branches of government to work as intended? How do we encourage people to pull together for the greater good? Most important, how do we make this happen in short order? The can has been kicked far enough down the road.
    Dude, we are nowhere near needing or even primed for a fucking armed civil war.

Get the fuck out of here with that retarded shit. Go out into the real world and stop ingesting this bullshit called "media" from both the left and right.
    Last edited by TGS; 06-18-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Here's another one. The war is over, your side won- and yet, you're in a concentration camp right about to be executed. "Anti-revolutionary" activity is the charge, even though you've supported the revolution since before it started. "This has to be a mistake" is what you keep thinking up until the bullet hits.

Because, the first thing that follows a successful revolution is the shooting of the revolutionaries (excepting those proven personally loyal to the leader). Because they started one, and could do it again. Especially those true believers who actually believe the ideals that the revolution is supposed to be for.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Instead of the civil war you’re imagining imagine this one instead.

You’re standing over a ditch filled with women and children soaked in gasoline and preparing to burn them alive. A neighboring sectarian group mortared a local playground and this is retribution.

It wasn’t supposed to be like this you think to yourself. Originally our militia was based on the ideas of liberty and the constitution. But those were the early days. Some sociopaths rose to leadership in the militia around the same time the fight became as much about food as it did freedom. You thought about getting out, but a couple of your neighbors and good friends had the same idea and were discovered by the leadership. So they were executed after being forced to watch their families being publicly raped almost to death and then dismembered alive. Unfortunately, the security needed to keep your family alive means that your fortified town is just as much of a prison as it is a “freedom base”and since you’d been acting kinda funny lately leadership decided they would put you on this detail to see if you were still a part of the group.

So there you stand on the edge of a ditch almost deafened by the screams of women and children who are going to be burned to death wether or not you light them first. But if you don’t, something similar or more horrible is going to happen to your family while you watch. Before you yourself are treated to a similar fate.

So, if civil warring stills sounds like an awesome fun time after imagining that then have at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash41984 View Post
    Dude, thats F'd up like a football bat.
    Talk to anyone that deployed to the Balkans.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Talk to anyone that deployed to the Balkans.
    Study the history of, say, the Spanish Civil war as well. Or a good number of civil wars & revolutions- including our own Civil War.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Uhh, idk, to wake up tomorrow and go to work, not be a dick, and just keep living life? Set some short term goals, and a 5 year plan? Put away money for retirement? Plan a vacation?
    Sounds like a good path to be on. It doesn't answer any of the questions I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Dude, we are nowhere near needing or even primed for a fucking armed civil war.

Get the fuck out of here with that retarded shit. Go out into the real world and stop ingesting this bullshit called "media" from both the left and right.
    My media consumption is extremely limited as I live in a rural area and cut the cord long ago. We don't have a tv antenna, much less cable tv. Our internet is slow which makes streaming unreliable. On occasion I'll check out a propaganda site but not often. People don't need media from either side to know the current path leads us all over a cliff.

At some point you can't kick the can down the road.

User Tag List