Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting outside federal courthouse in Dallas

Site Supporter
    Two things:

1. Puts a hole in the common talk radio, internet mantra that rampage types only go to gun free zones. I'm all against them but don't like stupid cliches.

2. The stories say he was carrying an assault rifle. That term annoys folks. I wonder if the story said: Man with modern sporting rifle attacks court house - would that better promote the 2nd Amend.? Just a crazy thought for that cliche.

I'm glad that he was taken down without harm to others. We will see all the hindsight genius types saying we should have known.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    1. Puts a hole in the common talk radio, internet mantra that rampage types only go to gun free zones. I'm all against them but don't like stupid cliches.
    A federal courthouse is definitely a gun free zone, including for most law enforcement, although I'm sure he knew there would be at least some armed security.

This is why I get onto my guys for leaving their weapons secured in their cars and walking to the courthouse when we go to federal court. The Marshals have lockers inside for a reason.
    Last edited by TC215; 06-18-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Two things:

2. The stories say he was carrying an assault rifle. That term annoys folks. I wonder if the story said: Man with modern sporting rifle attacks court house - would that better promote the 2nd Amend.? Just a crazy thought for that cliche.

I'm glad that he was taken down without harm to others. We will see all the hindsight genius types saying we should have known.
    Or if TX had an ERPO law none of this would have happened. They'll come out of the woodwork saying everyone knew this guy was about to snap. Or they'll blame the Army for not moving records to the FBI. Or....
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-18-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Federal courthouse in Birmingham relieved me of my weapon right inside the door. On official duty to testify in a murder 2nd I was handling for the local military base.

May not be a gun free zone but definitely a gun restricted zone.

Prayers to the ones that burned him down. Great warrior response to this guy. Wish they all turned out this way.

Regards.
    Last edited by lwt16; 06-18-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Wow, kid went to high school near me. Our kids have been to band and sports competitions there.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 06-18-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    A federal courthouse is definitely a gun free zone, including for most law enforcement, although I'm sure he knew there would be at least some armed security.

This is why I get onto my guys for leaving their weapons secured in their cars and walking to the courthouse when we go to federal court. The Marshals have lockers inside for a reason.
    That plus vehicle burglaries in the parking lot are not exactly unheard of.

Site Supporter
    My point was that one would know that there would be armed folks there,even if ccw wasn’t allowed.

Two things:

<snip>
    Name:  Meme3.jpg
Views: 1513
Size:  81.5 KB

My initial impression is that his intent was suicide by cop. Went to a location where armed LE was guaranteed to be present. No other victims.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

I’ve been disarmed at two federal courthouses in NC. Definitely gun free zones for everyone but the employees.

User Tag List