Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The F-35 and who makes the parts

I have worked in DoD acquisition for 32 years. The Pentagon Wars was my life for 19 of those years. I’ve worked with every service on the largest programs including ships and aircraft. Spent time on the F-22, and I remember my first JSF meeting in Crystal City in February 1997 or 1998.

I could write a book on my thoughts, but the only thing I’ll say here is: don’t believe what you read. There are a couple hundred people who know how the F-35 really performs, and I’m certain they aren’t talking publicly. The rest (including the blogs and Defense Daily) are proponents or opponents, and have an agenda. The truth is there, but you don’t know who is telling it. And the history of warfare has shown that we don’t really know how a system will perform until it’s actually in no-shit combat. We (humanity) have been surprised over and over through the eons at first contact with the enemy.

Like TriggerF16, the system has worn me down. I’m going to retire in four years, then work as a kindergarten aide with my wife until she retires from teaching. I figure that my 35 year career in DoD will be perfect preparation for dealing with a bunch of 5 year olds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by trailrunner; 06-18-2019 at 05:07 PM.

--delete--
    Last edited by trailrunner; 06-18-2019 at 05:08 PM.

If I remember correctly, the F35 pulled a bunch of maneuvers at an air show in France that it wasn’t supposed to be able to do.

Also is interesting to me that the Israelis bought some. I doubt they would spend that kinda coin if it wasn’t very capable.

User Tag List