Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In other news

In other news

@TCinVA teaches a fantastic shotgun class. I didn’t know much about shotguns (because Wyoming) and this class experience is the most learning I’ve done since my first AFHF with ToddG. Truly amazing and impressive. Highly recommended without reservation. I’m used to being a competent and competitive guy with pistols, carbines, and bolt guns; but I was humbled tonight.

My 1301 with the Primary Arms Adv red dot was accurate and reliable. Federal Flight Control, get you some.

Class review coming soon.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Rob Haught is on my short list of shotgun instructors. I am assuming I now need to put a third name on the list, right after DB? Before?

pat

Site Supporter
    I've had two shotgun classes with TCinVA and intend to make it a yearly thing going forward (the only way I get to practice some of the concepts and drills we learn). If you're in NoVA, there's no excuse not to take one of his shotgun classes (I think he has four or more different ones now?).

And Flight Control is the shit.

Chris

There was a Mossberg 930 at the class that was malfunctioning quite a bit, Google searches show me that this might be common.

The 1301s just ran and ran. You’d hear a guy on the line just shooting his 1301 like an AR and the 1301s produced nice tight groups, too. @TCinVA was using a well broken in 870 kitted out with Magpul stuff, he ran it so well that my buddy using the aforementioned 930 was already pricing out his 870 build.
    #RESIST

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    There was a Mossberg 930 at the class that was malfunctioning quite a bit, Google searches show me that this might be common.

The 1301s just ran and ran. You’d hear a guy on the line just shooting his 1301 like an AR and the 1301s produced nice tight groups, too. @TCinVA was using a well broken in 870 kitted out with Magpul stuff, he ran it so well that my buddy using the aforementioned 930 was already pricing out his 870 build.
    930's that don't run are very common.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Federal FC#1 is it available now?

Did they talk about 8 pellet FC buck vs 9 pellet? I have heard the 8 pellet reduces the chance of a flyer.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Did they talk about 8 pellet FC buck vs 9 pellet? I have heard the 8 pellet reduces the chance of a flyer.

Yup. @TCinVA
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Rob Haught is on my short list of shotgun instructors. I am assuming I now need to put a third name on the list, right after DB? Before?

pat
    “yes”?
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Gotcha.

pat

User Tag List