Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K in trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    My dealer has just about everything HK makes on a backorder status. There just isn't much in the pipeline.

I'm not sure why the US military would buy anything from a foreign mfg. That's just all kinds of wrong.

We have the adm taxing civilians with tariffs while the military buys arms from foreign mfg's. Seems a bit odd when the stated goal is to put America first.

Yes, this happened on the present adm's watch. https://www.guns.com/news/2018/04/30...o-marine-corps
    Trump did this. #OrangeManBad
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The German government is broke as fuck. The majority of their tanks and airplanes aren't in serviceable condition, for instance. So I'm guessing here, but given their state of military disrepair I highly doubt they'd be able to afford purchasing an outside rifle.

[snip]
    Not sure the German government is "broke" as their 2-year, 5-year, and 10-year notes have a negative yield. In other words, people pay the German government for the opportunity to loan the German government money for a period of years. The German government profits from borrowing OPM. Germany's debt-to-GDP ratio is less than 0.64, which is much better than the USA's rating at 1.05. I wish I could be as broke as Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Not sure the German government is "broke" as their 2-year, 5-year, and 10-year notes have a negative yield. In other words, people pay the German government for the opportunity to loan the German government money for a period of years. The German government profits from borrowing OPM. Germany's debt-to-GDP ratio is less than 0.64, which is much better than the USA's rating at 1.05. I wish I could be as broke as Germany.
    Yeah, I think that Merkel just doesn't care about military spending.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Probably that then. They certainly aren't funding their military properly.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The German government is broke as fuck. The majority of their tanks and airplanes aren't in serviceable condition, for instance. So I'm guessing here, but given their state of military disrepair I highly doubt they'd be able to afford purchasing an outside rifle.

Well, we've been buying foreign military equipment for over a hundred years. Krag rifle, M1917 Enfield, Benet-Mercie M1909, technically even the Lewis by the time we bought them were foreign weapons. M240, M249, Mk 46, Mk48, M11, Mk25, Mk23, Mk24, M9...……..all "foreign" guns.

In many cases they're made here either partially or wholly, though. A good portion of the money is going back into the US economy. The M27 is made (partially) by Americans, in an American factory of the US subsidiary of HK.
    Maybe that's why they're so expensive. HK had to build a plant here for a single sourced rifle. IIRC FN porotested and HK cut the price in half. Probably didn't do much for HK's bottom line but at least FN (and congress) got the price down to about twice what an open sourced rifle would cost.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-18-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I think that's exactly the case..Merkel cares more about the immigrants they took in, than her own people. If I had to guess, it would be that money that was supposed to go to military spending, got diverted to welfare programs for all of the immigrants...

Germany has not been ruled by Germans since the end of WW II.

They are still a captive nation so their leaders answer to London, Washington and, to a lesser degree, Paris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Germany has not been ruled by Germans since the end of WW II.

They are still a captive nation so their leaders answer to London, Washington and, to a lesser degree, Paris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name:  what.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  14.4 KB

I need to start reading your sources of information. It's much more entertaining than reality.

Hey, @Luger and @P30, given we're apparently in charge of you, can you stop detaining me every time I fly through Frankfurt with my badge/radio/equipment on official business? kthxbyenow
    Last edited by TGS; 06-18-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Only two grand for a MR556 upper, totally affordable

/sarcasm

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...Kit/p/81000077
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Hey, @Luger and @P30, given we're apparently in charge of you, can you stop detaining me every time I fly through Frankfurt with my badge/radio/equipment on official business?
    I'm just a software developer, who did not vote for Merkel. And I've bought a bunch of beautyful HK weapons and would even buy more, if the government would allow me so. I'm not guilty.

BTW:
    This is the best shooting range I know near Frankfurt:
    schiess-sportcentrum-heusenstamm.de
    So when you're there next time and looking for a nice place to shoot, check this out.
    Last edited by P30; 06-18-2019 at 08:44 PM.

User Tag List