Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat Mag Guide for the 92C

Wilson Combat Mag Guide for the 92C

I’m considering adding a Wilson Mag Guide to my Beretta 92 Compact. It doesn’t appear to be any more obtrusive than the lanyard loop or look like it would mess with concealment IWB @ 3:30. Thoughts on usefulness and pics always appreciated.

Thanks

I am not a 92 compact fan (feels off balance, and more like I would draw and throw it, before getting a good grip). That said, a friend and I have discussed the PX4 (me) and the 92 compact (him, awaiting EL), and both thought this was a good basis as a comparison:
    https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/w...compact-carry/

I have the guide on my Centec, and on my Inox.

The guide came on my Centac, but it was a bit loose so I took it off. It did seem to work as advertised though. I have no use for it, so if you want to shoot me your address via PM I'll send it to you.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The guide came on my Centac, but it was a bit loose so I took it off. It did seem to work as advertised though. I have no use for it, so if you want to shoot me your address via PM I'll send it to you.
    Thanks Trooper224, super generous! PM inbound.

Ken

Pretty sure the CenTac uses the full sized mag guide, which may be too long for use in a compact frame. I believe the lanyard loops for the compact is shorter than the one for the full size.

Site Supporter

Wilson Combat Mag Guide for the 92C

@Jared is correct, the compact needs a specific (shorter) lanyard loop or mag guide, so the full-size from the CenTac won’t fit.

As far as the part itself, I have one on my 92C, and like it.

@Trooper224, FWIW, if you want to tighten up the mag guide, you could replace the dogbone pin with the tubular roll pin that the 92A1 comes with. This will pull the mag guide tighter towards the frame, and significantly reduce the wiggle. The downside is that it then becomes more of a PITA to remove the mainspring, so I’m not necessarily recommending this, especially if it’s a gun that might need to be detail stripped often, but it is an option.
    Last edited by Dave J; 06-22-2019 at 10:25 PM.

On the Beretta forum, a question was asked about this (not many responses), and I am wondering if anyone here, has tried it and how it compares to the Wilson part?

http://www.egwguns.com/1911-parts/be...magwell-combo/

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Pretty sure the CenTac uses the full sized mag guide, which may be too long for use in a compact frame. I believe the lanyard loops for the compact is shorter than the one for the full size.
    Thanks, I remember reading that now.

The egw part is flat on the bottom and only adds a bigger flare to the sides. No benefit for me.

My fast coin run was with a Wilson mag guide. I’m a believer in it

Allegheny arms did a mag funnel in one of my guns and blended it to the Wilson guide - which is a huge improvement imo

I removed the lanyard, and put a flat one on mine. I don’t want any protrusion on my Compact frame.

User Tag List