Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74

Thread: H&K in trouble?

  1. #1
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans

    H&K in trouble?


  2. #2
    I bet if they started spitting out MR556's in the $1k to 1,200 range and started selling semi-auto G36's and UMP's in the US, they would start making some money. At $1,200, the MR556 makes quite a bit of sense. It's a nice rifle, but not a $3,000 nice rifle...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Texas
    The dummies nixed sales to Israel because the company objected to Israel's stance on the Palestinian Question.
    I bet that they regret that decision now.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The land of flatbeds and no teeth.
    I own a lot of Hks.

    Now, price point drives sales. If a HK sold a DI carbine at 12-15 and a piston rifle at 2k. Fix what people want, a real rail on a USP, better triggers and 30 dollar magazine, they would sell a hell of a lot of guns. But I am just some dude taking a crap giving my $.02

    HK HAS ALWAYS HATED ME
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 06-16-2019 at 11:26 PM.

  5. #5
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    The dummies nixed sales to Israel because the company objected to Israel's stance on the Palestinian Question.
    I bet that they regret that decision now.
    That was the German Govt.

    HK has been in trouble for years just like Colt. Both were bought out by companies that bled them for cash. HK has a double whammy because the German Govt hates arms sales and considers HK a necessary evil for supplying its own forces the German Govt has done the same thing to SIG.

  6. #6
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    WA state
    That is an easy fix, make those rifles in the US. that should also drop the price and people would buy more. They already have one factory here is what I understand to make pistols.


    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That was the German Govt.

    HK has been in trouble for years just like Colt. Both were bought out by companies that bled them for cash. HK has a double whammy because the German Govt hates arms sales and considers HK a necessary evil for supplying its own forces the German Govt has done the same thing to SIG.

  7. #7
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    That is an easy fix, make those rifles in the US. that should also drop the price and people would buy more. They already have one factory here is what I understand to make pistols.
    That is what SIG is doing.

    HK has a factory in Columbus GA. They are supposed to be making the new Army Sniper and DMR Rifles in GA

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That is what SIG is doing.

    HK has a factory in Columbus GA. They are supposed to be making the new Army Sniper and DMR Rifles in GA
    scopes, not rifles.

  9. #9
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    scopes, not rifles.
    Who ? SIG ? While it is true SIG has a small optics production facility in OR, mostly staffed by former Leupold personnel, most of their optics are made in Asia. They are also moving production of guns like the X5 and P210 that used to be made in Germany due to export restrictions by the German Govt.

    SIG is making one of the scopes for the HK DMR (the other is an S&B) but HK is going to be making 417/MR762 rifles in GA. Itís not an accident HKs GA facility is right outside Ft. Benning.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-17-2019 at 12:36 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Who ? SIG ? While it is true SIG has a small optics production facility in OR, mostly staffed by former Leupold personnel, most of their optics are made in Asia. They are also moving production of guns like the X5 and P210 that used to be made in Germany due to export restrictions by the German Govt.

    SIG is making one of the scopes for the HK DMR (the other is an S&B) but HK is going to be making 417/MR762 rifles in GA. Itís not an accident HKs GA facility is right outside Ft. Benning.
    Got it.
    Last edited by RAM Engineer; 06-17-2019 at 02:36 PM.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •