Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: General Purpose Revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Nice looking leather.

If you adjust your buckle to have a straight gig line it looks like you won't have the buckle over the cylinder.
    Actually buckle out cuts down the profile immensely. You can only see the outline of the buckle through the T-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Actually buckle out cuts down the profile immensely. You can only see the outline of the buckle through the T-shirt.
    What I mean is, spin the buckle to your left. In your pic it was over the cylinder. Aim for the edge of the buckle to match the zipper seam.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    That holster intrigues me.. tell me more please.... do you find that the cylinder gets snagged up when drawing? IT would seem that this would be an issue at first glance...
    I have the first one of those made. I asked for an IWB holster for a 6" n-frame and a "tail gunner" style stabilizing flag of leather at the muzzle end. I did this largely because I am an asshole who wanted to prove it could be done when people say "I can't conceal anything bigger than a <insert mouse gun here>" and because I want any particular handgun I own to be able to be pressed into serious use if required.

The holster works very well and, when dressed appropriately, does actually allow me to conceal a 6" n-frame. I requested the cant for strong side carry, but quickly found it actually works pretty well for cross draw as well. If I were to ever end up as an armed courier needing a .44 magnum on my belt because reasons, I'm already set up.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    What I mean is, spin the buckle to your left. In your pic it was over the cylinder. Aim for the edge of the buckle to match the zipper seam.
    I know what a gig line is. I am a vet. The buckle breaks up the wide profile whrree it is at because I am skinny. Works perfect where it is for me.

Ok...

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    No matter how hard I try to love Ruger DAs (and I’ve owned several) I pick up a Smith and it’s like sipping fine aged whiskey vs Ripple.
    This is more or less how I might compare them, though I think "Ripple" might be a tad declasse. That being said, I am no longer tempted to buy a new S&W revolver based on the assumption that I will have fewer problems with it than a new Ruger revolver- they are equally likely to make a trip back to the mother ship.

I, too, have owned several Ruger DAs over the years, getting rid of most of them in my Great Revolver Purge. Because of a number of recent p-f threads (particularly the Wheelgun Challenge series), I have reevaluated my potential need for a general purpose revolver and have acted accordingly. I need to get motivated and add my pictorial $0.02 to this thread.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

As of late .. due to a severe back injury.. I have started carrying lighter weight revolvers ... I recently purchased a 856UL 15 oz 6 shot 38 spl and a S&W Model 12

Name:  44D11D99-E6BF-4E4A-A791-CDB96D9EBD65.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  104.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Note how thin the frames is where the barrel screws into frame with attention to the area where frame meets bottom of barrel. +P ammo puts the Model 12 at risk. One of mine cracked here with factory wadcutters. My information came from the factory product service manager.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    One of mine cracked here with factory wadcutters.
    Your M-12 cracked shooting wad-cutters? Wow! That's both sad news and quite disappointing. I would have thought a M-12 would take a steady diet of factory wad-cutters.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Your M-12 cracked shooting wad-cutters? Wow! That's both sad news and quite disappointing. I would have thought a M-12 would take a steady diet of factory wad-cutters.

Dave
    They will hold up ok with casual shooting. Have owned a few. My intent was to point out the gun's weakest area. When I called Smith, before I finished the sentence, the man told me where it cracked. In this case, the revolver was new in the box, and the first round cracked the frame at that position. This occurred about 40 years ago.

User Tag List