Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Power "meltdown" anyone seen in done?

Hi Power "meltdown" anyone seen in done?

Here's the Springfield TRP radiused by their Custom Shop some years back. It is softened overall but not so aggressive that it obliterated the lines of the gun.

Has anyone ever seen a Hi Power softened like this? I have a 1982 vintage pistol that's a little rough overall. It would probably be a good candidate for something like this.

TIA

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Fletcher Custom looks like he did a fairly aggressive carry bevel. But he's not taking work anymore.

Try Jim Milks at Innovative Custom Guns; he was the smith at EGW before he opened his own shop. Excellent work and offers a "melt package". Cursor about 75% down this page to find the Hi-Power specific services.

http://www.innovativecustomguns.com/...-services.html

Jim does great work. He's done a few things for me over the years. I've never seen his meltdown, as I typically don't like the "bar of soap" look/feel

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Jim does great work. He's done a few things for me over the years. I've never seen his meltdown, as I typically don't like the "bar of soap" look/feel
    I don't necessarily want a radical carry bevel but the gun might take some fairly aggressive work to make it look professional.

This is a pistol worked over by Dave Fletcher. Notice the contouring of edges both fore and aft on the slide.

Name:  169366199.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  81.3 KB

Name:  pix196759826.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  51.5 KBPics of some work done by Novak's:

Name:  pix965614093.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  35.9 KB

Name:  pix406640606.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  51.1 KB

That's some very tastefully and professionally done beveling. Generally, I find that the exposed edges of a High Power are much less needing of dehorning that that of, say a Colt 1911, but the hemmer spur sides in particular can be a bit sharp and protrusive.

Best, Jon

I have a beater Israeli HP that could use a meltdown

Perhaps take a look at Business End Customs. He's done some heavy bevels on some of his custom guns and he has a great eye for lines and symmetry. May be a bit of a wait as he's gotten very popular. Whoever you choose to do the work, please take some before & after pics.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List