Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lubriplate 130-a

Lubriplate 130-a

https://amzn.to/2ZpZT3F

Doing a search I didn’t see what I was looking for, I may have overlooked it. I know this is what was used in the military back in the day, well close to it but I was wanting to try using grease on my AR’s and pistols but what has me scratching my head os the flash point/temperature range of it which I think is 200 degrees???

I’m curious if anyone has/had used this on AR’s or pistols without any problems or would see any issues using this. I know that Slip2000 and Slide Glide amongst other products out there are, according to the reviews are good stuff but really liking what I am reading about this. Thanks for any information and help.

Site Supporter
    I use it on everything but bread. Flash point is 400 degrees F. All the greases like synthetic wheel bearing grease at auto parts stores have also worked for me. However, if I were an internet gun expert, I would be a shill for Slip 2000 products which I favor when I'm not applying lubriplate products. Sometimes I use snake oil.

This is what you are after, I just found this stuff and it seems perfect to me... food grade to boot so relatively non toxic (though it is an aluminum base which is toxic).

https://amzn.to/2LDqSpW

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I use it on everything but bread. Flash point is 400 degrees F. All the greases like synthetic wheel bearing grease at auto parts stores have also worked for me. However, if I were an internet gun expert, I would be a shill for Slip 2000 products which I favor when I'm not applying lubriplate products. Sometimes I use snake oil.
    I have used Lubriplate and it worked well. I am currently using Slip 2000 EWG.

I have 2-3 unopened metal cans of the Lubriplate 130-A.

I use it on Garands and my Fulton M-14. I suspect a synthetic grease like Mobil 1 would be fine too, but I’m a lube agnostic.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I too roam the internet looking for opinions on various lubes and such. Here is a link for an informative page.

https://www.grantcunningham.com/2006...brication-101/

I think (AKA: my feels) Lubriplate 130a is great for bolt actions and piston driven guns where there's not much heat in what you're lubricating (M14, SKS, etc). Decades of service are evidence to that.

DI rifles, not so much.

Maybe @Aray can shed some light.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Oils and Lotions SME
    I don't think grease is an optimum solution to most firearm lubrication problems.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Aray View Post
    I don't think grease is an optimum solution to most firearm lubrication problems.
    I use oil and light grease but in my 60 years of shooting have never had a firearm lubrication problem.

I've got the FMO AW-350 spray oil (20wt) recommended by Grant. I bought the stuff you see in the pic, and I've been very happy with it. As willie said above, aside from this stuff, I like Slip 2000 EWL-30 & EWG the best. *the Clear Plex grease was a freebee, since they ran out of the SFL-1 (stopped making it).

Name:  Lubriplate Pic.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  44.3 KB
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 06-21-2019 at 11:13 AM.

User Tag List