Thread: Which Ammo to shoot through S&W m&p15-22? Ruger 10/22?

Which Ammo to shoot through S&W m&p15-22? Ruger 10/22?

Any recommendations on which of these to shoot through an M&P15-22? How about a Ruger 10/22?

Taking the wife and kids and want to reduce fiddle fuck and optimize for fun.

Name:  BA87A05C-20B2-4836-8D53-9104C37D1A94.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  77.1 KB

CCI Mini-Mags with the 10/22. That combo seems to work pretty well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCI SV for everything in my house, including the M&P 15/22. Suppresses well, runs fine.
    #RESIST

I've never had minimags not be good. I'd start there.

The CB Long probably won't cycle your semi-autos. Should be pretty quiet though and might be a good way to force single-shot safety for a new shooter, with minimal blast and noise (purposeful fiddlefactor).

Of the Remington, the yellowjackets are a "better" round. Rem golden bullet seems to get a worse wrap, your guns may or may not run it well. I haven't shot a lot of it since I was a kid so its probably not an representative sample.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    CCI SV for everything in my house, including the M&P 15/22. Suppresses well, runs fine.
    We are leaving in a couple of hours so I have to make the best of what’s on hand.

Plus I have thousands of rounds of this stuff so I’m trying not to add to the pike.

But if we ever run out of all of this, or it all proves to be garbage and gets thrown in the trash, I’ll look to restock with that stuff.

Thanks!

I’ve run tens of thousands of rounds of CCI Tactical through a bunch of 15-22’s. No malfunctions as long as you load the magazine correctly - except one OOB detonation that I don’t blame on ammo.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    We are leaving in a couple of hours so I have to make the best of what’s on hand.

Plus I have thousands of rounds of this stuff so I’m trying not to add to the pike.

But if we ever run out of all of this, or it all proves to be garbage and gets thrown in the trash, I’ll look to restock with that stuff.

Thanks!
    Another good one is Norma Tac, but it’s greasy, literally. Maybe it’s wax or something, but it certainly coats your fingers. I think that it shoots and feeds great, though.
    #RESIST

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Any recommendations on which of these to shoot through an M&P15-22? How about a Ruger 10/22?

Taking the wife and kids and want to reduce fiddle fuck and optimize for fun.

Name:  BA87A05C-20B2-4836-8D53-9104C37D1A94.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  77.1 KB
    I have tried those all and any of those will work fine in the 15-22 or 10-22. Those guns are particularly non-picky with ammo.

.22 and family/shooting newbies is why I have three rimfire cans and only buy standard velocity .22LR. So much fun to shoot.
    #RESIST

User Tag List