Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unplanned ACRO and Glock plus Surefire durability test...

Unplanned ACRO and Glock plus Surefire durability test...

So I was training with another agency at the private range my agency shoots on when the land owner who had been checking the timber removal progress on another part with his friend (both 70+ years old) drives up and says I need help. He then proceeds to tell us that his friend fell down a well and is hurt real bad. I had just taken my pistol off and sat it on my bumper to change from my duty belt to a different holster and belt to go to dinner (I usually always set it in the vehicle but of course didn’t this time).

I got on the radio and then hopped in my vehicle to follow him to where his buddy fell into the well. After assessing guys condition etc getting more info to dispatch I realized that my pistol had been on the bumper. Yeah so my buddy ran it over with his minivan, so did an ambulance and about 12 other rescue vehicles and full sized trucks. My buddy also ran over it again going back to look for it for me and then took these pictures when he found it. Everything still works to include the light and optic. The ACRO still held zero etc.

Also the guy was good and no major injuries. Fire rescue was able to get him out from the 15 foot deep well and off to the hospital.

Name:  B76C93ED-9525-4103-9D76-03861C612209.jpg
Views: 1495
Size:  56.1 KB
    Name:  C6FB93F4-C0F6-4002-87C2-8197B964A7AD.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  75.3 KB
    Name:  CDDF2B34-AD0F-4886-AAA0-E66ECDB58E09.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  56.6 KB
    Name:  EB58A567-B79D-4F55-A375-A883957A12E6.jpg
Views: 1946
Size:  23.3 KB

Bless you and your friends for helping that gentlemen. I'm not surprised at all that you did, it just reinforces the positive opinions I already held.

Pretty neat on the Aimpoint. I'm never had doubts about them, either.

Site Supporter
    I see a "There I was..." Glock, Acro, and Surefire commercial in the making!

It's true; all of it. I's there, and I seent it.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    That's why I went with the ACRO. The battery life takes some getting used to, but I'm reasonably certain it will be the most durable and reliable slide-mounted RDS on the market.

This is the point in the thread where people start explaining to you how this wasn't a valid test because you didn't do a control or quantify the exact PSI applied to the optic or account for the amount of cushioning provided by the soil, etc.
    3/15/2016

Best get my g19 and rmr.. and run it over for science

Site Supporter
    This story sounds very familiar...;-)

Last edited by HCM; 06-15-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Hammertime
    Very cool report. Thanks.

Well done, my friend.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This story sounds very familiar...;-)
    All this time I thought Timmy was the one that fell down in the damn well...

User Tag List