Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: One of those what you carry everyday threads

For the weekend

[

Wife saw a book while out thrifting and thought of my esoteric tastes. It was published a mere few years after my model 10 snub rolled off the line. Mildly amusing to think that guns from this batch were not unlikely being carried by people reading this book. The tome is less tinfoily than hoped but shaping up to be an interesting read, anyway. A slice of Red Scare with some social observations showing that society truly is cyclic and posessing some fun turns of phrase:

"...For instance, our man from the Halls of Poison Ivy might say in a scoffingly arrogant tone..." Emphasis mine and stealing the poison ivy bit for my own amusement.

"...If and when the silent treatment doesn't work, these 'objective' scholars and mass media opinion molders resort to personal attacks, ridicule and satire. The personal attacks tend to divert attention from the facts...The idea is to force the person...to stop the exposure and spend his time and effort defending himself..." Lack of Oxford comma ground my gears in that one.

"Most of us have had the experience, either as parents or youngsters, of trying to discover the 'hidden picture' within another picture in a children's magazine...If we study the landscape we realize that the whole picture was painted in such a way as to conceal the real picture within...We believe the picture painters of the mass media are artfully creating landscapes for us which deliberately hide the real picture..."

A by-God steel snub of American provenance feels appropriate to wear while indulging in this edition of my perpetual amusement at fringe eccentrics.

https://youtu.be/iAHJCPoWCC8
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SCCY Marshal; 07-30-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Site Supporter

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Attachment 55349

Trying out the UM/Spegel banana grips, thanks to @OlongJohnson
    Load is older Winchester 148 grain WC standard pressure.

I see I am color-coordinated with many here.
    I like the Benchmade striker. Is it a chisel grind blade?

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    I like the Benchmade striker. Is it a chisel grind blade?
    No, it is ground on both sides.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter

Cool

I have two Emerson knives and they are chisel grind. I think the first Strykers were chisel grind. I saw one that is and it was an early numbered production model
    Last edited by WOLFIE; 07-31-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks for everyone sharing the pics. It helped me to grudgingly agree that enclosed-hammer DAO must really be a good idea for a defensive carry revolver, seeing what folks who actually carry wheelguns day to day are doing. As much as I wanted that other lever to fiddle with on the range, going to give DAO a try.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Also this:

Name:  19-nickel.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  46.9 KB

Nickeled 19-4.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Also this:

Name:  19-nickel.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  46.9 KB

Nickeled 19-4.
    Damn that’s cool...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    @Stephanie B
    Is that a Bianchi 8 round speed strip? If so where do you get it? I can only find the Tuff Strips brand.
    Apologies for missing this one. It's a Tuff Strip.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List