Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: One of those what you carry everyday threads

I got my Concealed Carry permit in New York in 1970 and New York City in 1971.I carried a 2" Chief Special initially and then switched to a Walther PPKs. In those days we might have a group, go to the range, which was under a bank and since there were no ATMs in those day, we might walk into the bank with maybe a 6" model 19 in a holster on my hip out in plain view. All OK in those days. Now in New York if your gun can be seen when not needed, it is grounds to have your permit revoked.

After carrying for decades and NEVER having to Clear Leather, i just stopped based on all the current day restrictions. And I don't just mean New York, which I know most will jump on.

School Zones, Government Offices, Banks and a lot of retailers band firearms. I know, just wear it and don't say anything. I might try that in PA where I have a concealed weapon permit, but I am certainly not going to risk violation in New York with the Sullivan Act.

In any case, I am 71 and have lots of underlying health issue, but still survived a bought with Covid 19 over the pst three months. (I know New York is the epicenter), so I think the changes of needing to be armed are less than what I thought in the past.

When I owned by gun shop I had a big poster on the wall with a picture of an S&W Model 36 that said, "Its better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it". Maybe so, but not worth the bother for me.

Bob

Today is as minimalist as it gets, I left the fixed blade at home and shortened the malkoff for lighweight carry.

Name:  21FF9011-3FF7-43CE-8DEC-357A65783F65.jpg
Views: 2236
Size:  38.1 KB

Usually have more, but never less than that.

God help me, I'm giving serious consideration to shelving the HK for some amount of time and rolling with a K-frame snub as a belt gun. It's siren song of convenience and sheer comfort, true concealability, stability on the belt with the bulk of the weight below waistline, and handful of .38 in a slick DAO is alluring. Talked to a friend about it, last night. "What are you giving up if you do this?"

"Fifty-four percent of my onboard capacity and the performance of 180 grain HST."

He gave me a dirty look until he stuffed the snub AIWB with the Hip-Grip then almost refused to give it back. So, today since getting back from the range:

Last edited by SCCY Marshal; 05-31-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Model 65-2, Winchester Ranger 130gr .38+P.

Attachment 54764
    @Stephanie B
    Is that a Bianchi 8 round speed strip? If so where do you get it? I can only find the Tuff Strips brand.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    I got my Concealed Carry permit in New York in 1970 and New York City in 1971.I carried a 2" Chief Special initially and then switched to a Walther PPKs. In those days we might have a group, go to the range, which was under a bank and since there were no ATMs in those day, we might walk into the bank with maybe a 6" model 19 in a holster on my hip out in plain view. All OK in those days. Now in New York if your gun can be seen when not needed, it is grounds to have your permit revoked.

After carrying for decades and NEVER having to Clear Leather, i just stopped based on all the current day restrictions. And I don't just mean New York, which I know most will jump on.

School Zones, Government Offices, Banks and a lot of retailers band firearms. I know, just wear it and don't say anything. I might try that in PA where I have a concealed weapon permit, but I am certainly not going to risk violation in New York with the Sullivan Act.

In any case, I am 71 and have lots of underlying health issue, but still survived a bought with Covid 19 over the pst three months. (I know New York is the epicenter), so I think the changes of needing to be armed are less than what I thought in the past.

When I owned by gun shop I had a big poster on the wall with a picture of an S&W Model 36 that said, "Its better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it". Maybe so, but not worth the bother for me.

Bob
    Glad you made it through the virus mess. Go with God.

Dave

This my EDC and my favorite Snubby. Loaded with WW 130 Rangers 130+ps. 6 rounds and the DS speedloader works well. Carry the revolver in a holster made for a Smith 640.

Last edited by Zeke38; 06-01-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jds44 View Post
    Izula?
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Izula?
    Yep

User Tag List