Views: 1036
Size:  105.4 KB

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Campground camping, while not my favorite way to get out, beats work:

Name:  smaller.jpg
    An Opinel. You get so much bang for the buck with those, and they are also a very "civilised" knife that doesn't scare the masses. Gata naraja has used Opinels for food prep over the last 20 years, and always goes back to them even after buying painfully expensive alternatives.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Campground camping, while not my favorite way to get out, beats work:

Name:  smaller.jpg
    Where’s the glass of whiskey?

A friend just had a kid so about to head out for a toast, some food, and butt sliding down a frozen cascade:

Attachment 84700

And compliments to whoever made my shirt. The breast pocket fits that pack of small cigars lile a glove. As a side-note, I want that mint tin empty to hold rimfire or other fiddly items in a hiking pack.
    I’m not a smoker (anymore), but it irritates me to no end that shirts no longer have breast pockets, besides my Columbia shirts from Academy.

This is Texas, so a light, short-sleeve knit shirt (read “T-shirt”) is standard attire at least 11 months out of the year for me.

A shirt pocket is handy as [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] a pocket on a shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Where’s the glass of whiskey?
    Nearest store stocking liquor is half a county away. Teetotal on this trip for no reason that comes to mind. I may have failed myself.

There’s super models who get photographed less than that M-10.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    There’s super models who get photographed less than that M-10.
    Part of a long-running and decidedly autistic project regarding program compliance. It's at least more photogenic than a previous first-year production Ruger LCP.

Had that shepherd's sling out again, today.

Rode a bike to a trailhead and upstream along it to a popular swimming hole in the river, complete with rockslides. After swimming a couple hundred yards downstream, plucked a bulging handful of nice, round stones from the river. Lit my pre-packed corncob when I got back to the crevice in a ledge where I'd stowed my stuff and unwound the sling.

Someone had stacked a cairn in the middle of the river about 15-20 yard upstream from my spot. It seemed a likely target so I selected a stone and wound up with my pipe lazily clenched in my teeth. My first shot was a direct hit about 2/3 the way up the cairn and dislodged the topmost 4-5 stones which tumbled into the water. The witnesses seemed impressed and, as I was unlikely to do as well or better with the next stone, I wrapped the sling back up on a high note.

I'm always disappointed that I never see people playing with shepherd's slings. They weigh nothing, take up almost no space, and are a constant source of free entertainment.

User Tag List