Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: One of those what you carry everyday threads

Tomorrow is a field training exercise with the bunny botherer and kids. While putting my belt together, I got the urge for a constitutional. As my puukko (traditional crossdraw positioning as one tugs the sheath off the knife with their offhand on the pull tab) and holster for the S&W model 28 were already in place, those went with. And laced on my new loggers to continue breaking in. Then put in a couple miles of winds sprints with the beagle, field knife flapping about in its dangler sheath, and N-frame tugging down my strongside belt wearing what amount to a pair of men's high heels. It all worked out surprisingly well. Almost like traditional field pieces became standards for a reason.

Now to pack for the hound and watch Zulu with the offspring.

Old school, but comfy.
    Last edited by Inspector71; 04-25-2021 at 09:30 AM. Reason: add photos

J-frame in a pancake looks like the comfiest possible way to carry a gun.

Name:  beagle_chasing.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  103.2 KB

Left out canteen, lighters, matches, ferro rod, day pack with fresh tincture of iodine, etc. GPS misleading as the eldest was tracking the dog with it, not me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You holster looks a lot like the RKBH holster I have, which I really like.
    Yeah I hated when he closed up shop. He made a bunch of custom holsters for me.

Name:  ThreeRKBA.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  66.7 KB

I had these three done back in 2011; the one on the far right was basically his standard pocket holster, the one in the middle was cut closer and raked forward, and the one on the left I had him make so it would fit into 5.11 thigh pockets. The middle one is just about perfect for concealment in a front pocket but has to be pushed off the gun. I need to play around with adding a kydex hook to it one day. I also got a very cool short double magazine pocket mag pouch for 1911 mags for when I was going through a Detonics phase several years back.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Another 5 months

Not much has changed
    Attachment 69166
    You have the speedloader in one of those Safariland clips? I need to try that. I normally go around in cargo pants with thigh pockets full of speedloaders but that is far from idea.

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    You have the speedloader in one of those Safariland clips? I need to try that. I normally go around in cargo pants with thigh pockets full of speedloaders but that is far from idea.
    As long as the speedloader is right next to the holster I dont even notice its there.

Site Supporter

Holster?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Another 5 months

Not much has changed
    Attachment 69166
    Attachment 69167
    What holster is that, please?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverJIM View Post
    What holster is that, please?
    Jmcustom aiwb

Site Supporter

Thanks

Thanks for the prompt response

Took the rabbit botherer out in the rain and the critters were surprisingly active. Crows everywhere, flushed a partridge, and lost a squirrel. I hit it hard with a Stinger from my DAO .22 LCR at five to seven yards while standing on the dog's leash but not hard enough. It had just enough steam left to get to a nearby hole and underground after plopping from the tree. I hate it when that happens. Anyway, took a garbage photo at home:

Name:  hot_garbage_Finns.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  60.8 KB

My reindeer antler, hide from same, and curly birch pocketknife didn't mind the weather. Spacers and sheath gasket are also leather but not sure if reindeer or cow:

Name:  Finn_pocket_w_Friday_open.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  60.0 KB

Dog stirred up a crippled woodcock after tracking a moose over a mile when I'd intended to start work on the coming season's deer blinds. Taking a bead to put the thing down at about twelve yards in very mixed lighting, I got a one-shot-stop on the shoot between us I hadn't seen. My bullet had been on track for a hit but deflected enough to miss wide. Bird managed to keep just enough distance to get where my backstop was a major hiking trail behind thin vegetation and I decided to leave it to the bobcats:

Name:  panzer_spade.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  66.3 KB

User Tag List