Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: One of those what you carry everyday threads

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    My carry gun is a constant companion and I'd just as soon it be an endearing one.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Is this Revolver-Forum.com?

Once upon a time typing www.Revolver-Forum.com into your web browser brought you right here to Pistol-Forum.com.

So YES this is/was Revolver-Forum.com

@LittleLebowski #MakePFRFAgain

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Despite all my efforts to convince myself the LCP is better...I somehow ended up with this in my coat pocket and then later in my waistband...revolvers are like Heath Ledger, I just wish I knew how to quit them (or cared...)

Attachment 62339

Attachment 62340
    Those grips looks good. What / who made those? I could use a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    Those grips looks good. What / who made those? I could use a pair.
    Those are old school (~1980s) Eagle Secret Service grips and to be brutally honest...they aren't great. I made them better by taking a Dremel to the finger grooves, relieving them for speed loaders, and then I 'hand stippled' them for a bit of extra grip. All said and done, for a pair of $15 grips I found in a bargain bin years ago, they are okay. If I wanted a boot grip today, I'd go with Badger grips and have them make me a set without finger grooves (they will do that for no charge, just mention it when ordering). That said the new Secret Service grips look better than these by a mile, they are extended slightly below the frame for a bit of extra grip.

The trouble with post-66 Colt D-Frames is the curve between the trigger guard and grip frame is so exaggerated and the butt is so short, that it makes getting a two finger grip on boot grips almost impossible. You really need a slightly longer grip, but not too long which is what most full grips are.

Since kung-flu, most every day is a 642 in my pocket. If I leave the house it's the G19 as usual but been much less of that so logging a lot of hours with the J.

Join FPC

Despite all my efforts to convince myself the LCP is better...I somehow ended up with this in my coat pocket and then later in my waistband...

Attachment 62339
    The dreaded pronoun game.

Site Supporter
    Despite all my efforts to convince myself the LCP is better...I somehow ended up with this in my coat pocket and then later in my waistband...revolvers are like Heath Ledger, I just wish I knew how to quit them (or cared...)

Attachment 62340
    What is that holster?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    What is that holster?
    Alessi Talon Plus.

Edit: Went to find you a link and I see it appears Alessi is either out of business or in deep trouble (lots of BBB complaints over the past 18-months). They no longer have a website or readily identifiable contact info.

The closest things I can think of off hand that are similar would come from Bell Charter Oak Leather - http://bellcharteroakholsters.com/iwb.html - The 'Magnum Storm' is pretty close to the Alessi design, with a reinforced mouth and offset clip. The Chicago Rocker would work equally well, if you do not want the reinforced mouth.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 10-29-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Kramer holster?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Kramer holster?
    Yep.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List