Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: One of those what you carry everyday threads

One of those what you carry everyday threads

So I figured I'd start one of those threads.. you know the one with all the well used Hardware. So here's my two that have seen a lot of miles.. one is an M&P 340 that I bead blasted the finish off so that I could weld up the internal lock holes, it also got some trigger work inside and out, the trigger corners have been radiused to get rid of the pinch, the internals have been polished, and I removed the front sight and milled it to adjust the windage and then reinstalled it so that it now shoots to point of aim point of impact. I also hand fitted a titanium cylinder in place of the stainless one. The other is a 340pd that I removed the red ramp front sight and installed one of those hi Vis jobs in Green, the internals of the PD have also been polished. The bead blasted M&P 340 is my range slave that I use exclusively for practice to keep the round count down on my daily carried 340PD. The pocket holster I cooked up one night when I had too much coffee and stayed up late stitching till my fingers were raw, it works like I want.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Michpatriot; 06-14-2019 at 10:58 PM.

You holster looks a lot like the RKBH holster I have, which I really like.

Nameless shameless copy

It works good, stays open after the draw and has always stayed in the pocket on the draw. I saw a pocket holster in Dillons Blue Press reloading catalog so I drew up the shape to the size I wanted, and cut out the vegetable tanned leather to the basic shape, stitched the perimeter then wetted it with hot water and stuffed it full of j frame, I then took a smooth ended stick and pressed the contours in. After drying on the vent overnight I used oil on the leather then dyed it black, after the dye I painted the edges using edgecoat.

A plain-Jane S&W Model 49 Bodyguard (mfd. 1973). It serves as both my back-up (GLOCK 19 is my primary sidearm) and often serves as my CCW though sometimes it's the G19. Just depends.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have been carrying this old 3" .44 Special Bulldog for a year or so. It's very comfortable in the Mernickle holster. I carry 200 grain Underwood wadcutters and Silvertips for a reload in strips. Surprisingly, with deep pockets, it even works with a pocket holster. I've liked small 3" revolvers ever since an old pinned model 36 years ago. Unfortunately, I traded it to buy a hunting revolver when Illinois opened a season for them. I never dreamed concealed carry would be a reality in Illinois back in the mid 90's.

I've had terrible luck trying to buy a snub these last few years. I tried buying a performance center 642 twice and luckily it was through Davidsons. Clocked barrels and one with a sluggish trigger return. Returned both and moved on. Then when Taurus had a rebate on model 85's, I bought a steel 2". Again, the fickle finger of fate. When they drilled the threads in the frame for the barrel they weren't straight but at an angle causing it to shoot left. Then came this Bulldog from GB. After 3 trips to the mother ship and a new barrel and polishing and rebluing, I'm pretty happy with it.

I' waiting on a older Stratford ss Undercover to come from GB via ups. Looks like it will be 2 weeks when it gets here this Thursday if they don't bump the delivery time again. I'm hoping this one doesn't have a list of problems too. I'm also thinking I may order a brown Side Guard Minimal Clip iwb holster for it. They are supposed to be very comfortable with thin leather. http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/MinClip.htm

Name:  IMG_20191124_141919192.jpg
Views: 3397
Size:  65.4 KB

Just my m66-8. 140gr XTPs with a speedloader and a slowstrip.

Name:  20200105_203156.jpg
Views: 3387
Size:  57.4 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Model 65-2, Winchester Ranger 130gr .38+P.

Name:  EC359F22-3CB2-4925-89D8-13ADF119D850.jpg
Views: 3472
Size:  44.1 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Regardless of what else is on me, almost always a .22 LCR, fixed blade, and folder:

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Regardless of what else is on me, almost always a .22 LCR, fixed blade, and folder:

What fixed blade is that ?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    What fixed blade is that ?
    No idea. All the seller knew was that it was made in the '70s. It seems homemade from a longer broken knife as the full tang is thick at the spine and has the same cheeks as the blade proper for a wedge shape end to end. No markings anywhere and the pocket sheath is very thick leather that is well stitched with just enough character to the trim and burnish to be an obvious homeroll. Whole package weighs nothing and it's a handy small task knife in the boonies with sharp enough spine to throw sparks off a ferro rod.

It may have been a factory knife stamped from tapered stock for maximum cost savings as a second guess.

User Tag List