Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: One of those what you carry everyday threads

Please stop with the LCR stuff. I've a hankering for an LCR 9mm, and I'm trying to resist. You people here are just a bunch of enablers!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    ^^^^^ ...you're color coordinated.
    Somehow pretty easy to do with gun things... they all tend to come in black for some reason

Name:  loadout_cargo.jpg
Views: 2349
Size:  74.6 KB

Trying out the UM/Spegel banana grips, thanks to @OlongJohnson
    Load is older Winchester 148 grain WC standard pressure.

I see I am color-coordinated with many here.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 06-03-2020 at 10:57 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I don't usually carry a wheel gun, but when I do...

Great choice.

Question: What wallet is that and could you please open it up and take a picture or two?

Thanks!
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Great choice.

Question: What wallet is that and could you please open it up and take a picture or two?

Thanks!

I aked him the same question in a different thread and it is this one, https://www.maxpedition.com/products/micro-wallet?variant=28101296145

I got mine in foliage green.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I don't usually carry a wheel gun, but when I do...

What holster?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    I aked him the same question in a different thread and it is this one, https://www.maxpedition.com/products/micro-wallet?variant=28101296145

I got mine in foliage green.

I was pretty sure...I just bought the Spartan. I needed a bit more room.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

I'm getting more attached to the model 10 snub. It's so comfy but still a right fistful of steel. Vetted Underwood's standard pressure 158 grain LSWCHP and it's loaded in both gun and 2x2x2 pouch (same POI as some other loads and I'll file the front sight after more comes in to properly regulate). Still running lead round nose in the speedloader when I pack it to avoid smashing very soft and expensive bullet noses. Also have a new pocket torch I won't stick with but saved me fishing my usual out of yesterday's work pants.

Was glad to have a marlinspike in my pocket, as well. A nice Westfalia-dwelling hippie's dog had run off trailing broken lead and I found it tangled at the bottom of a near cliff. Destroyed a sock and removed a good chunk of skin from my ankle getting down to the critter. Meeting a cute hound was worth it.

I'm also learning why the Hip-Grip had been so popular. It's secure in my belt with the recoil shield providing passive retention against the belt. The revolver stays put even when vaulting road gates. The smooth texture allows shifting to final grip establishment given the deep carry making a full firing grip a later step than with a traditionally holstered handgun. Will have to grab a couple spares. The Barami really compliments the stumpy K-frame quite well.

Went for a mountain bike ride on a waterside trail and didn't trust the Hip-Grip for it. Four-inch model 10 in a proper holster filled the bill as the extra steel balances better than the snub in this particular rig.. Too many yuppies out advertise a gun with an OWB:

Found a private pool, made river water coffee, cached the guns, and swam a bit while it cooled off:

Then balanced beamed from rock to rock and boulder scrambled up a tall one while trying not to spill my drink. Enjoyed the view while squatting up top with my trashy instant caffeine. It's a rough life.

Put in five miles to a nice swimming pond, this morning. Had my rosemary deli ham, Finnish Swiss cheese, and German mustard sandwich on wheat at a smaller beaver pond while listening to the frogs. Upgraded my spray, donned a neck knife, and strapped on an OWB with the 4" pencil barrel Model 10 for comfort.

Had a couple strips of semiwadcutters in my pack, as well.

User Tag List