Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Strike industries adjustable gas block (AGB)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It’s been a few years since I last built an AR, but I thought back then that Strike Industries stuff was crap. Has that changed?
    The method of attachment is...questionable, at very best, lending credence to your position.

No information on the various port size, either. I don't think this is a great option for those that will adjust simply based on changing loads, 5 different options doesn't seem very granular at all. I'm also leery on if the adjustment system will seize up under use.

I wish someone would just licence the MicroMOA system. The NG2 Worm sounds interesting, but seems to be vaporware.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 06-19-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    The method of attachment is...questionable, at very best, lending credence to your position.
    But what about their stuff in general? They certainly seem prolific.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    But what about their stuff in general? They certainly seem prolific.
    I have no idea. Never heard of them before.

The basic design of this gas block is...poor, so...it doesn’t make me feel warm and fuzzy about the rest of their products.

I also don’t get not having a detent to prevent the port from being slightly offset....or what exactly holds the port dial from...working its way back out of the block.
    Last edited by Dan_S; 06-19-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    No information on the various port size, either. I don't think this is a great option for those that will adjust simply based on changing loads, 5 different options doesn't seem very granular at all. I'm also leery on if the adjustment system will seize up under use.

I wish someone would just licence the MicroMOA system. The NG2 Worm sounds interesting, but seems to be vaporware.
    I wish that I'd gotten a MicroMOA AGB, had to settle for a Superlative one and it works fine.
    #RESIST

New Strike industries adjustable gas block (AGB)

I’ve never needed an adjustable gas block on any of my BCM uppers. At worst, ejection is around 3:00 to 2:00 in an SBR with heavy loads and a can. I can live with that.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-19-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’ve never needed an adjustable gas block on any of my BCM uppers. At worst, ejection is around 3:00 to 2:00 in an SBR with heavy loads and a can. I can live with that.
    Yeah. I wouldn’t push the functionality envelope to the point id have to worry about on-the-fly adjustability. Shrug.

All in what you’re chasing, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Yeah. I wouldn’t push the functionality envelope to the point id have to worry about on-the-fly adjustability. Shrug.

All in what you’re chasing, I suppose.
    I’ve absolutely had to change gas settings with my Sig SRD556 can while shooting different ammo. This is on a BCM 11.5”.
    #RESIST

New Strike industries adjustable gas block (AGB)

My BCM 11.5 with OEM gas system has been good with everything I’ve fed it. H buffer. Standard buffer spring. With or without Omega can.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-19-2019 at 08:15 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

What load changes precipitated that need?

What buffer/weight/spring?

User Tag List