On September 7/8, I will be at Straight Blast Gym Illinois in Elgin, IL (my bud Paul Sharp's academy) teaching a seminar on applying BJJ in a self-defense context.

The focus on the class will be taking fundamental and typical BJJ skills that are practiced all the time on the mat, and to make sure the attendee understands how to apply those skills successfully to defend themselves from the common assaults encountered in today's society. We will look at pre-fight containment strategies, understanding what are the most important things to do in an assault, and how to respond when the attacker has the initiative. We will also look at the techniques and tactics most favorable for the entangled fight in a weapons based environment.

Saturday will be a gi-based straight BJJ workshop where I will be going over techniques that I have found to be phenomenally high percentage over the past 30 years of doing BJJ. These techniques work in any context, including competition focused sport BJJ. Sunday we will focus completely on the street self-defense application of everything we have worked as well as more material that won't be covered on Saturday.

time: Sat - 12:00 - 3:00, Sun 8:30-5:30

cost : TBA

register: email INFO@SBGILLINOIS.COM or PM Paul through the forum

Not only will you have me to teach, you will also have the immense good fortune of having Paul adding in his decades of experience, and there is a pretty good chance Larry Lindenman will be willing to put up with me and be there helping out as well. You do not get too many opportunities to have that many eyes looking your game over.