Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ROXOR 4wd

Trying to figure out if they could be registered for the street. I mean heck if you can build a rail buggy and get it registered for street i dont understand why these couldnt be registered. Maybe that is state dependent or maybe the rules have changed.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Indian parent company makes me think that's probably a real "road vehicle" there.
    I was really hoping Mahindra would get their Hilux clone legal here...

EDIT: Hmmm, lots of hits for roxor street legal....
    I am not a lawyer.
    I am not related to any lawyers.
    I am not on a first name basis with any lawyers, unless you count screen names here.

Hit #1 (A Street Legal Roxor Will Save Time, Money, and Your Marriage) features a discussion of what needs to be added/upgraded...

...Plus this detail:
    Thanks to a long-standing license agreement and access to some original CJ-5 moldings, the Mahindra Roxor is essentially a brand-new old Jeep right down to the part numbers.

By that I mean you can literally take a Roxor’s half-shaft into your local auto parts store and cross-reference the Mahindra part number to one for a vintage Jeep. Same goes if you blow a bearing, bust a seal, crack a bushing, or want to re-gear your rear end - chances are you can find parts locally. No waiting on overseas shipping, no converting your dollars to rupees.
    Last edited by Drang; 06-14-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

In Mississippi, the state issues drivers licenses and the counties register vehicles. The counties just want the money and if your willing to pay, they’ll give you a tag.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Off road, a RZR or the like will out-perform the heck out of the Roxor and the Roxor is not street legal.
    It’s definitely possible to register a Roxor. Many states have...intricacies...that allow registration of non-standard vehicles. Many different classes of ‘commercial’ and agricultural vehicles that do not undergo crash testing are registered.

In Wyoming, this would be a breeze to register, same for Arizona, South Dakota, and others. In New Hampshire, you could register it as a tractor, or as a special commercial vehicle.

I’d a build kit comes out, then...you could absolutely register in the same manner as any other kit car as well.

Looking forward to the kits...I foresee one in my future.
    Last edited by Dan_S; 06-16-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Lots of accessories coming to market. Companies like RXR and On the Rox are making lift kits, bumpers, turn signal kits and some other stuff like half doors and windshields.

I talked to a dealer in Del Rio, TX recently. He said he bought 40 of these and has sold all but seven. He just placed an order for 40 more. Wow!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

These look fun. But with 3rd gen 4runners still being very affordable, I can't see it. I saw some guys rocking SxS's at a 3gun match. I started looking and saw the prices and picked up at 99 Limited 4runner 4x4 for less than 3k and its street legal, with AC and cruise control and can haul all of my gun gear.

I guess it all depends on what you’re going to do with it. The vid that LL posted shows pretty clearly that the Roxor was outclassed by the other machines, both of which had much better suspensions and handled deep mud, water with ease. OTOH, if you plan on light off roading ,with trailer towing around the ranch,I could see it working, one thing the vid did point out was the Roxor was expensive, and for the kind of money they want for it, I think you could find something better on the used market..As it is, it’s just kind of a “meh” I think I’d let someone else be the early adopter...

Site Supporter
    I used their build page to spec out one, keeping in mind it would be for offroad use only and not driven on public roads, and it came up far more expensive than a good used Jeep with similar features and much greater inherent capability (such as being street legal).

Not to mention typical Indian quality and execution...

No thanks.

Chris

The genius of these is that they are a basic old school Jeep that is being imported as a UTV. The rig would be un-importable otherwise.

Marketing requires that it be sold as a UTV but I imagine most buyers will be Jeep guys who want an old Jeep but not something 30 years old with high mileage, rust, blown shocks, etc.

Several places are selling stuff like windshield kits and turn signal kits and there are a few top and door options. Pretty impressive for an obscure Indian jeep. This indicates to me that the rigs are selling well and are popular for what they are.

Also, Gen2 4runners are where it is at. Tougher undercarriage. Still built for some offroad use before Toyota went fully luxury SUV for the US market. Too bad about the dreadful 3.0 3VZ engine. All the power of a 4cyl with the gas mileage of a V8. Even died in the wool Yota fans hated that engine....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 09-18-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    It's the non-street legal Suzuki Samurai I wish I could still buy.
    I know a few motorhome folks who tow those and Trackers. I was looking for something like that new awhile back but they seem to have disappeared from the planet. Probably failed the crash or emissions tests or something so like dinosaurs they disappeared.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List