Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ROXOR 4wd

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Gotcha. Not a common thing here.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I had a 1987 Dodge 1/2 ton, 318 and 4 speed granny. In 1st and 4-lo I could work out a fence post, wait for my truck to catch up to me, drop it in the bed, walk to the next fence post, work it out, wait for my truck to catch up to me, drop it in the bed, repeat.

IIRC, granny gear was 8.xx:1. Top speed was in the single digits. I never used it even in 2-hi unless I had a hell of a load to get moving. I had 1.67 tons of gravel on it once and learned that just because a truck will haul something doesn't mean it'll stop it. Steering was a bit light as well...
    I don't know what the gearing is on mine. I know the transfer case is 1:2 in low, but I can't seem to find good info on the transmission's 5 forward gears. Regardless, I've never had the stones to get out of my truck when it was idling along in 1st Low even though it's about a walking pace. I've seen videos of people doing it with the Marlin Crawler 2nd transfer cases, but those are literally moving along and "on all hands and knees crawling speed".

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I had a 1987 Dodge 1/2 ton, 318 and 4 speed granny. In 1st and 4-lo I could work out a fence post, wait for my truck to catch up to me, drop it in the bed, walk to the next fence post, work it out, wait for my truck to catch up to me, drop it in the bed, repeat.

IIRC, granny gear was 8.xx:1. Top speed was in the single digits. I never used it even in 2-hi unless I had a hell of a load to get moving. I had 1.67 tons of gravel on it once and learned that just because a truck will haul something doesn't mean it'll stop it. Steering was a bit light as well...
    We had a 1978 F350 flatbed that we used on the farm back in the day. My wife would put it in 1st gear 4 low and jump out. She'd point it down a line of bales and chuck them up to me where I stacked.

These little dudes....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those actually made it to this country? I remember when they were posted about and was actually interested enough to sign up for the test drive, and never heard anymore about them (they never got near my state). What did they actually go for?

https://youtu.be/97dSvPo6Lq0

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Those actually made it to this country? I remember when they were posted about and was actually interested enough to sign up for the test drive, and never heard anymore about them (they never got near my state). What did they actually go for?
    Lots of them made it up here through a "grey market" heavy equipment dealer that imported used small heavy equipment from Japan. Less than $10K for most of them.

Lots of them made it up here through a "grey market" heavy equipment dealer that imported used small heavy equipment from Japan. Less than $10K for most of them.
    I've seen those listed on Craigslist here in TX. They are were always advertised as being great for use on a deer lease.

Car & Driver review:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...xor-4x4-drive/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

User Tag List