Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pink elephant in the room...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I understand. They let us have guns so they can be used in horrors shows in order to ban the guns that they let us have.
    Have you not, perhaps inadvertently, basically described Fast & Furious? I suppose you'd have to substitute "Mexicans" for "us" but...yeah, that's it.

I think people miss just how stupid and obtuse the gov't is on a grand scale, and just how evil some of its minions are on a much smaller scale.

It's capable of great misdeeds and ill conceived stratagems but usually not on the grand master level.

(That's why they get caught.)

Just sayin'.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Michpatriot View Post
    Well, nobody here's saying much about the possibility that our President has expressed ideas and opinions regarding suppressor ownership that could have lasting implications..those who have heard probably just don't want to talk about it, sickning subject, but just wondering what others are thinking right about now.
    I’m thinking a lot of people are worrying about Trump’s comments because they are ignorant of things a high school civics student should know.

Unlike, say... bump stocks, Suppressors are already defined and regulated by statute, in this case the national firearms act. “Banning” suppressors would require action by Congress and Tumps track record for getting anything through Congress is terrible.

It’s almost like some guys put a bunch of checks and balances in place to keep Cheeto colored douchebags in check.

BTW Bumps stocks were not “banned” they were administratively re-classified as Machine Guns. It was the Hughes Amendment that banned the NFA registration of new machine guns, not Trump. If you get an SOT or the Hughes amendment is ever repealed you can register a bump stock as a machine gun under the NFA though why you would waste your time with something as stupid as a bump stock when you could have a real machine gun I don’t know.

Why is that distinction important ? Because the false premise that Trump “banned” bump stocks by fiat feeds the false premise that Trump can do the same with suppressors and leads to threads like this.

As for 4D chess and conspiracy theories, y’all have been watching too much Alex Jones.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-14-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I understand. They let us have guns so they can be used in horrors shows in order to ban the guns that they let us have.

Donald then makes statements to ban bump stocks and they do ban them along with statements about suppressors and entertaining assault rifles in order to DO WHAT?

I guess I'm not a 4D level chess player.

Planned by Obama in the womb in Kenya as his infant extremely stable genius was planning to fake a Hawaii birth certificate to run for president. He communicated this plan by telepathy?

Oh, for the days when the only thing the RKBA faced where 40 million Red Chinese on the Mexican border and the armored vehicles being seen in TX.

The gun world needs to stop embarrassing itself.
    I have no idea what Obama's birth certificate has to do with this, but what I find embarrassing is when gun owners decide to judge someone's second amendment credentials by where they stand on a device such as a bump stock when no one can make a rational argument that it has a legitimate use.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I have no idea what Obama's birth certificate has to do with this, but what I find embarrassing is when gun owners decide to judge someone's second amendment credentials by where they stand on a device such as a bump stock when no one can make a rational argument that it has a legitimate use.
    I don’t care where Obama’s birth certificate is any more than I care to see DJT’s tax returns. Where is the legitimate use clause? I can’t find it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I don’t care where Obama’s birth certificate is any more than I care to see DJT’s tax returns. Where is the legitimate use clause? I can’t find it...

I have written ad nauseum about this in other threads and have neither the time nor inclination to repeat that here.

I have written ad nauseum about this in other threads and have neither the time nor inclination to repeat that here.
    Your too lazy to copy and paste, I’m too lazy to search. So, it’s just a wash?

Site Supporter
    The Hearing Protection Act was voluntarily withdrawn because some asshole decided to kill people in Las Vegas. The fact he used a bump stock is relevant to the HPA being withdrawn. Due to his terrible actions, there was not a chance of the HPA being passed. All this does not mean there was a conspiracy to use bump stocks against gun rights. Since the introduction of bump stocks, I have decided to stay away from bump stocks and the arm brace. I would rather spend time and energy on the HPA being passed. I think arm braces will do nothing positive for gun owners or gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    True, there is no “legitimate use” clause, sure. However, in my opinion and observation, things like bump stocks and “arm braces” were meant to subvert the intent of an existing law. After much criminal activity with full auto weapons, they became much more strongly regulated. What is a bump stock? A device to simulate full auto without technically being full auto. A bit of a gray area, sure. Look at arm braces. A much less gray area here, and clearly a way to subvert the SBR laws.

As for “silencers”, they’re already highly regulated. Maybe we can play the “arm brace” game, and come up with a different looking device to reduce firearm noise and say it’s not a silencer, it’s a muffler. (Maybe we can even get Midas to sponsor it.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    True, there is no “legitimate use” clause, sure. However, in my opinion and observation, things like bump stocks and “arm braces” were meant to subvert the intent of an existing law...
    And existing law was meant to subvert the second amendment.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

User Tag List