Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oberlin college versus local store

Site Supporter
    You sue who has deep pockets. Do the students and/or faculty-administrators have enough to go after them on a contingency basis? Now, individual administrators might carry a personal, malpractice policy for a million. I did when I had those responsibilities.

Suing is not easy and costs a buck if not contingency.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    You sue who has deep pockets. Do the students and/or faculty-administrators have enough to go after them on a contingency basis? Now, individual administrators might carry a personal, malpractice policy for a million. I did when I had those responsibilities.

Suing is not easy and costs a buck if not contingency.
    With 30+ million in my pocket IGAF. Declare war. Im like the opposite style of social justice warrior.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I wonder if it was a school bullhorn that Meredith Raimondo was using .
    Another similar exposition of that which is now called education: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...its-lesson.php

"Lake, the Stetson law professor, said the implications of the case could be “staggering” if the verdict is upheld."

Well, one would hope that is the case.

Metaphorically speaking, dismembered, burned and the ashes scattered might suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    So by trying to harm this business, Oberlin was harming the jobs of the very people they claimed to have defended.

Chaos, disorder and destruction is intended. It is an inherent attribute of their dialectic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post

Metaphorically speaking, dismembered, burned and the ashes scattered might suffice.
    Well put. In a more literal sense extreme financial cost, hardship and emotional distress.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I wonder if it was a school bullhorn that Meredith Raimondo was using .
    Man, I’m getting flashbacks. We had a title IX director that arrived to the position in similar fashion as Dr. Raimondo at the local state place. Thing is, a PhD doesn’t automatically make one a competent investigator. The title IX office got razed after a lawsuit by a student resulted in a fat settlement, and the U ended up replacing the young PhD with hoary ex-Fed with 17 years LE sex crimes experience and lots of big U title IX experience.

Straight up: I’m all in favor of people getting PhDs in Interdisciplinary studies, and taking teaching positions in classrooms at liberal arts places, if they can find a spot; that’s where the world of ideas belongs.

That said, where shit regularly and predictably goes sideways is when those PhDs take their training into arenas where their expertise leaves them wholly unprepared for the job promotion, eg. deans, student services, title IX compliance. I’ve seen issues over and over with this, and for good reason. I mean, I am by all accounts an incredible music teacher, and I couldn’t imagine the specialized aspects of that craft being of any use in a legal context, aside from the ability to read and write above a rudimentary level. It’s like expecting a 5-star chef to be able to run a gymnastics studio; the management similarities may look copatible on paper if you’re an idiot, but c’mon. Recipe for disaster. It’s amazing how many Us get handed their ass as soon as outside eyes look at the legal issues. Oberlin is just a famous and hyper-sized version of shit going on everywhere, most of which never makes the papers. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    With 30+ million in my pocket IGAF. Declare war. Im like the opposite style of social justice warrior.
    We can hang out. A few mil is enough to make life miserable for a baker’s dozen asshats, without even dealing with annoying phone calls yourself. Unleash the dogs, and go have a margarita on Catalina Island. Somebody will let you know when the asshats go broke.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 06-14-2019 at 05:43 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

What’s already clear, he said, is that colleges are entering a new era of media-related lawsuits and must determine how meet the challenges.
    Damn straight colleges are entering a new era. It’s one in which the American left—starting with higher ed and the media itself—can no longer make the truth whatever they want it to be, then annoint themselves judge, jury, and executioner of anyone disagrees with them.

Fuck them all. It’s high time that their reign of terror came to an end.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Damn straight colleges are entering a new era. It’s one in which the American left—starting with higher ed and the media itself—can no longer make the truth whatever they want it to be, then annoint themselves judge, jury, and executioner of anyone disagrees with them.

Fuck them all. It’s high time that their reign of terror came to an end.

Okie John
    I watched CNN (faux) journalist Jim Sciutto attempt to accomplish just that with a Congressman or Senator this morning. He is a cad with no redeeming quality. He seems much worse in that regard of late.

He won no hearts or minds in this household.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    He won no hearts or minds in this household.
    That saying goes back to my time, when the choices were hearts and minds, or huts...

User Tag List