Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sphinx AT2000S

Sphinx AT2000S

Unlike the Bren Tens I posted, the Sphinx 2000 was an extremely well made pistol. In fact, it ranks firmly at #4 on my list of top five highest quality semi autos built since WWII. I've got both a blued and palladium plated S models, as well as a blued Competitor. The frames are all stainless.

These are jewel-like from a quality perspective. The attention to detail is flawless, the fitting is very tight and precise, and the finish is something to behold. Even the roll markings are otherworldly in their precision. These were built in the 1990's for a short time before Sphinx went under. I applaud a company for trying to build the best of the best, but doing it profitably over time is another story. Manufacturing costs were very high. I'm glad Sphinx gave it a run at least.

Any Sphinx 2000 fans here?

Last edited by bac1023; 06-13-2019 at 03:26 PM.

They are nice. I had a little subcompact I think i was 2000H if I recall. I would have thought
    CZ would have done one by now. My brother has a PS he wont part with. These command ceazy prices
    On GB.

I am playing with a current manufacture subcompact sphinx. It is perfect size, allows
    Just enough for full non pinching grip, unimpeded mag ejection. Nice gun, but honestly it
    Is so close in size to my PX4 compact and P07. I wish CZ would offer a smaller P07
    Like this. In fact it kinda resembles the p07 in slide design.

Now you're talking. These were fine pistols. IMHO, the best CZ75 clones made.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Now you're talking. These were fine pistols. IMHO, the best CZ75 clones made.
    I agree and I even own an FK BRNO, which I consider a loose clone of the CZ.

I love the Sphinx...

I was hopefully that the Kriss-Vector-Sphinx revival of a few years back would've yielded more fruit...

I will have a sub-compact that takes CZ Combat 75 magazines. The SDP (non-subcompact) was a superb shooting pistol.

Site Supporter
    Purdy

pat

That two-tone job with the wood grips really does it for me.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Two tone done right.

Yeah, but I think I may put the Sphinx wood grips on the palladium model.

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post

Any Sphinx 2000 fans here?
    Huge fan since seeing them in gun annuals in the 90s. Have been looking for one since before gunbroker was a thing, like fervently scanning Shotgun News. Unfortunately they were $800 when that was a really expensive pistol, and have risen as my disposable budget has risen. I waved goodbye to them when one showed up in a Charlie’s Angels movie.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List