Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3” 7-shot GP-100

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    For some reason, I thought the previous 3" guns all had fixed sights.
    Wiley Clapp GP100s have Novak sights so you can at least drift them (or replace them).
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Model 1708 was a 3” GP 100 .357 with adjustable sights.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Me: Looks cool, but I'm not beta-testing any "new" anything from Ruger any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    There are rim lock issues with some ammunition even though it is saami spec. I spoke to Ruger about it... And they don't seem to think it is a problem. ...
    Me: ...and there's why.

That sucks. I don't really get the idea behind cramming an extra cartridge in there anyway. I mean other than "it sells". I do kinda like the unfluted cylinder look, though.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

The 1751 is a 38 special gun and the 1798 is 357. My 1751 has adjustable sights and factory FO.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Me: Looks cool, but I'm not beta-testing any "new" anything from Ruger any longer.

Me: ...and there's why.

That sucks. I don't really get the idea behind cramming an extra cartridge in there anyway. I mean other than "it sells". I do kinda like the unfluted cylinder look, though.
    I'll admit I was a bit and bothered over the very revolver that this thread is about specifically because of the 3" barrel and adjustable sights. Then I heard about the rim lock bug...... I couldn't really care less about the extra shot, so I'd rather have 6 and know that it works like GP100's have for about 30 years.

Yeah, I did too until I did a little digging. Honestly though, I like the fixed Ruger sights better than Smith's. At least the one sample I've shot. My brother has this 4" fixed sighted, half lug barrel, blued GP100 that I just love. It has more light around the front sight than model 10 Smiths do and I can really do some decent work with that thing. Too bad little bro refuses to sell it to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Wiley Clapp GP100s have Novak sights so you can at least drift them (or replace them).
    Novak does make an adjustable rear sight, so that might very well be the way to go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List