Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Any Bren Ten fans here?

I like 10mm, more than what is probably rational. I admire the Bren as a part of the 10mm story, but any new entrant (or re-entrant) into the market is going to have be real clear about what their design can do that can't be done by either Glocks or 1911s.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I remember those wood grips for the Bren Ten, but don't think I've seen a picture of a set for some time. Pretty neat I think.

FWIW, I had an early Bren Ten. Certainly an interesting historical artifact of interest to some in the shooting/collecting community, especially those, me included, interested in the 10MM cartridge. I've had several 10MM pistols and revolvers since. I think some of the post Bren Ten guns chambered in 10MM are actually better guns than the Bren Ten. I wouldn't be interested in acquiring another original, or resurrected, Bren Ten, but collector appreciation$$$$ of the originals is undeniably impressive...

BTW, I met Mr. Dornaus and Mr. Dixon, toured the plant, worked their booth at SHOT one year, etc. D&D didn't like having to include that cross bolt safety in the slide. Also met their attorney, who insisted that the gun have a positive firing pin safety. The attorney prevailed.

When Vltor debuted their prototype at SHOT waaaay back when, I got excited. A year passed, another, and another, it’s been over a decade now. Wish I could say that I’ve moved on, but I still want one.... for no other reason than I want one.

I hope Patrick Kelly is right.

It would appear that a CZ97 in 10mm is available (sometimes) from CZ Custom.

Considering the original Bren 10 is CZ-75 based, I'd consider this to be the modern version.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List