Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Any Bren Ten fans here?

Just a FYI...I bet we will see a Bren 10 (won't be called that) before too long.

10mm, 9x23, and 45acp. maybe 38 super.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    Just a FYI...I bet we will see a Bren 10 (won't be called that) before too long.

Hmm. Interest piqued.

Anything specific in mind? Or just a general sense of things to be?

Either way, I too would love to see something do what the Bren Ten was supposed to do, 30 some years ago. I don't really care what it's called. But if it looked something like the Bren... I'd be game.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post

At the risk of derailing the thread, what are your (or anyone else’s) opinions of 9x23? How would it compare to 10mm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Sorry to bring back my old thread, but I recently managed to find a pair of original Herrett Bren Ten wood grips from the 1980's and wanted to share.

I put them on my Special Forces Light...and love the look!

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Sorry to bring back my old thread, but I recently managed to find a pair of original Herrett Bren Ten wood grips from the 1980's and wanted to share.

I put them on my Special Forces Light...and love the look!
    Never apologize for sharing awesome pics such as these.

Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    At the risk of derailing the thread, what are your (or anyone else’s) opinions of 9x23? How would it compare to 10mm?
    It certainly is loud... What?

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Pfft. Before the Vltor attempt to resurrect the Bren Ten there was the Peregrine Falcon debacle...
    The Peregrine Falcon was a fellow named Voit. Sporting goods Voit.....www.voit.com

The Clinton era savings and loan crash killed the project before it really got started.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Factory loads were to the 357sig level more so than the 10mm. Handloading or maybe some of the custom reloading companies ammo might get the 9x23 up over the sig round a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    Factory loads were to the 357sig level more so than the 10mm. Handloading or maybe some of the custom reloading companies ammo might get the 9x23 up over the sig round a bit more.
    Factory Winchester had 9x23 125 grain bullets going 1475 FPS. Not sure any mainstream ammo makers have .357 Sig reaching that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Factory Winchester had 9x23 125 grain bullets going 1475 FPS. Not sure any mainstream ammo makers have .357 Sig reaching that.
    Winchester claims 1450fps for the 125 gr load and does not specify barrel length...Shooting times testing the ammo and measured 1445fps from a 5 inch Nowlin barrel in a 1911.

Lucky Gunner tested the 357sig 125gr ammo from a 4.5 inch barrel glock and measured 1368fps to 1423fps depending on maker. Several smaller makers claim 1450 just as Winchester does for their 9x23 but I have yet to fire any of those.

Barrels vary as do chronographs but unless you disagree with "the 9x23 is more to the 357sig power level than the 10mm" what point were you trying to make?

User Tag List