Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Any Bren Ten fans here?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    That FK looks... delicious. Also, I'm assuming you've all heard there's a polymer variant available now (or will be soon). It looks nearly as awesome, in a different kind of way.
    As far as I know, that’s not coming to the States anytime soon.
    Last edited by bac1023; 06-25-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post

I think it's more or less seen as the "magnum" automatic round. Seems to have a sort of reverence, all its own. That said, it doesn't really have a native platform--and that's what the Bren was supposed to be. So, perhaps that's what we're all missing, with the Bren: not necessarily the gun itself (which was clearly flawed), but the idea of purpose-built 10mm... ahem, .40 magnum. At least that's my purely amateur, pseudo-scientific "gun psychology" reasoning.
    As someone who just threw my hands up in the air in disgust and walked away from the 10mm Auto, I agree. Most 10mm guns are .45s with different sized holes.

The Glock 20 was theoretically designed around the 10mm round, but it was designed with the 10mm Lite loading in mind apparently, and it most assuredly isn't found of WFN hard cast loads.

If somebody were to design a 10mm gun around a 200 grain WFN bullet going 1100 to 1200 FPS, that would be awesome.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    As someone who just threw my hands up in the air in disgust and walked away from the 10mm Auto, I agree. Most 10mm guns are .45s with different sized holes.

The Glock 20 was theoretically designed around the 10mm round, but it was designed with the 10mm Lite loading in mind apparently, and it most assuredly isn't found of WFN hard cast loads.

If somebody were to design a 10mm gun around a 200 grain WFN bullet going 1100 to 1200 FPS, that would be awesome.
    Yeah, I had a less than optimal 10mm experience myself. Had a Smith 1076. I loooved the gun. I shot it well. Loved the power. Loved the heavy-duty, industrial aesthetic. But then it started having arbitrary FTFeeds. Changed some springs. Still happened. Guys on the Smith forum said I might be limp wristing it. Maybe. But either way, if a gun is that sensitive to a sub-optimal input... not what I'm looking for. And again, the large-frame 3rd gens were designed around the .45ACP, evolving from the 645--which I currently own and have found to be unflappably reliable.

It was kind of disappointing because I had plans to take it on some trails/camping trips. Oh well. Ended up taking my 645.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I should get a FK before it sells out and goes mainstream.
    And it's not like you really need that kidney anyway.
    And half of your liver. $8,500 for the gun? One is up on GB for less.

$75 for a box of ammo? No dies?

Jeez. That's pretty damn pricey,
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

I got mine for $7250.

When you think about the capabilities of the gun, it’s not bad really. Especially when people spend a half a million dollars on a shotgun.

Yeah.

Guess I'll just have to stick with my plebian .357, and my ratty ass pawnshop Mossberg 500.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    I got mine for $7250.

When you think about the capabilities of the gun, it’s not bad really. Especially when people spend a half a million dollars on a shotgun.
    Well, the rules are different for hedge-fund guys and those whose titles start with “HRH”..... ;-)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Well, the rules are different for hedge-fund guys and those whose titles start with “HRH”..... ;-)
    And guys who routinely drag their guns through the puckerbrush while getting rained on.

Is'nt that the truth..There's a place about 25 miles north of me where I buy my reloading stuff..A few years back when primers were hard to come by, and everyone was price gouging this place did'nt..primers would come in every so often, and they sold them at the regular price, that's why I buy from them. Anyway, these folks are shotgun people, they don't know anything about shooting handguns, or rifles, they have a nice showroom, full of shotguns.. and only shotguns.. and I've seen a few deals in there, they have shotguns that are priced north of $20,000, and they sell a few every year..That just boggles my mind..

I was kinda quasi-interested in some of the 10mm revolvers that have started to come out, and even (although a bit more tepidly) some of the 10mm semi-autos. Then out of curiosity, I went to Hornady's ballistic charts. For most practical purposes, 10mm is pretty much on parity with .357 magnum. Since I have some pretty decent .357 magnum revolvers on hand, my interest level rapidly cratered.

And then to rub salt in the wound, just read some of GJM's postings on Underwood Lehigh Xtreme Penetrator ammunition in 9mm and .40 chamberings....

I'll leave the 10mm exotica to others, since my niche needs are adequately covered with what I've got on hand...

Best, Jon

User Tag List