Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Bren Ten fans here?

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Well I’ll remember that as prices continue to climb into the stratosphere. The Bren Ten is iconic and regardless of how it’s built, it will always have a strong following.
    Apologies if I seem to be raining on your parade. I agree that it's an iconic piece and quite valuable as a collectable. Its value is intrinsic due to an association of time and place, not from any worth as a qualitative firearm. A new one would never reach that level of status as a rarity and be a turd as a practical weapon. As always, your examples are premium. Still, I disagree that it has a strong following. It surely does, among the rather finite group that collectors like you make up. But, in the gun world at large it's a total nonstarter, which is why at least three attempts at starting a reissue have fallen completely flat. It's not personal, it's reality.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 06-15-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Apologies if I seem to be raining on your parade. I agree that it's an iconic piece and quite valuable as a collectable. Its value is intrinsic due to an association of time and place, not from any worth as a qualitative firearm. A new one would never reach that level of status as a rarity and be a turd as a practical weapon. As always, your examples are premium. Still, I disagree that it has a strong following. It surely does, among the rather finite group that collectors like you make up. But, in the gun world at large it's a total nonstarter, which is why at least three attempts at starting a reissue have fallen completely flat. It's not personal, it's reality.
    It doesn’t need to have a large following. I said it has a strong following. The collectors that seek them give it its value. There will always be collectors of historic firearms. Nothing finite about it.

Collector value of guns built long before the Bren Ten continue to rise.

I’m fortunate enough to own examples of all the world’s finest pistols. I know what the Bren is and what it isn’t. I like them for what they are.

Cause those aren’t as cool. They’re just a dime a dozen Tanfo. People like the Bren Ten’s styling and if it’s ever remade to higher standards, there will be a waiting list.

Tanfoglio Elite & Stock pistols are not common in the US, even on the competition circuit.
    It’s a relevant point since any Bren Ten reissue has to compete with it; I doubt any company has the resources of scale to build a good Bren Ten reissue for a street price of $800.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Vending Machine Operator
    Always makes things better to have a surprise bac1023 post!
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Tanfoglio Elite & Stock pistols are not common in the US, even on the competition circuit.
    It’s a relevant point since any Bren Ten reissue has to compete with it; I doubt any company has the resources of scale to build a good Bren Ten reissue for a street price of $800.
    I’ve seen quite a few around. They aren’t rare guns by any means.

That said, they do shoot well. That’s not really the point of the thread. No hard core Bren Ten guy is going to to satisfied with a Tanfo. Kind of apples and oranges

Oh, hey, anyone remember the public relations trainwreck that was the years-on-end on-again-off-again Vltor Fortis? What a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Oh, hey, anyone remember the public relations trainwreck that was the years-on-end on-again-off-again Vltor Fortis? What a disappointment.
    Pfft. Before the Vltor attempt to resurrect the Bren Ten there was the Peregrine Falcon debacle...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Yeah that was a joke

I once wrote a dark fantasy novel where one of the protagonists had a Bren Ten and several extra magazines. One of my savvy readers told that was the most unrealistic part of the book.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Well I’ll remember that as prices continue to climb into the stratosphere. The Bren Ten is iconic and regardless of how it’s built, it will always have a strong following.
    Do you think a newly made one today would garner the same value and respect?

User Tag List