Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Bren Ten fans here?

I got overly hopeful for the VLTOR project. Spotted it a SHOT, the last, or next to last one held in Orlando. Good thing I'm used to disappointment.

Still have an original owners manual, somewhere. Nice stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    So, should we be waiting for a thread on the similarly iconic (at least in someone at Colt's mind...) period Colt 2000 with metal frames and polished to the nines?

Just giving you a hard time, bac1023. Your collection, comments and images are much appreciated.

Best, Jon
    Don’t laugh

I had one of those. The first year was the metal one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    One of the things El Patrone liked abouth the CZ75 was its ergonomics. Unfortunately, most of that feel seemed to be lost in translation with the Bren Ten. In handling it was a real clunker of a gun. It also had questionable features, like the drum style safety lock on the slide. Most of all, the QC just wasn't there. Workmanship was shoddy and the quality if the small parts was subpar. I've read that the ones used on Miami Vice could hardly get through a scene without something breaking. It was one of those great ideas that turned out to be totally underwhelming in execution.
    There's something about the look of it that just appeals to me... really "machine-y" and heavy duty. Just steel and power. Too bad the execution sucked. I'd be interested to see the remake, if it ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    There's something about the look of it that just appeals to me... really "machine-y" and heavy duty. Just steel and power. Too bad the execution sucked. I'd be interested to see the remake, if it ever happens.
    If I found one at a decent price I'd snap it up, just for old times sake. This gun will never see manufacture again.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Perhaps this is the voice of heresy, but what can a new-spec Bren Ten do that a Tanfoglio 10mm can’t do for way less money and much better ergonomics + reliability? You can even cosplay Sonny Crockett at the range with the two tone Elite Match.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Perhaps this is the voice of heresy, but what can a new-spec Bren Ten do that a Tanfoglio 10mm can’t do for way less money and much better ergonomics + reliability? You can even cosplay Sonny Crockett at the range with the two tone Elite Match.
    Cause those aren’t as cool. They’re just a dime a dozen Tanfo. People like the Bren Ten’s styling and if it’s ever remade to higher standards, there will be a waiting list.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Absolutely nothing and the Tanfo will work better.

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Cause those aren’t as cool. They’re just a dime a dozen Tanfo. People like the Bren Ten’s styling and if it’s ever remade to higher standards, there will be a waiting list.
    Yes, there'd be a waiting list, but it would be fairly short and wouldn't come close to the capital needed to fund such a start up, as numerous companies have discovered with everything from the Bren Ten to the Merwin and Hulbert. It's an incredibly difficult task to accomplish, even with a modern and innovative design like the Hudson H9, let alone a dinosaur like this. Here in 2019, the percentage of the shooting public who knows or cares about the Bren Ten is stark. Those who do are a few old grey hairs (or no hairs like me) who's interest is based entirely on nostalgia.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 06-15-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Beautiful examples as always. Coolest? Since I've a actually shot one, I'd call it one of the biggest turds of the 80s. I understand the nostalgia, but the overall fascination with this clunker makes the mind boggle.
    Hater.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Yes, there'd be a waiting list, but it would be fairly short and wouldn't come close to the capital needed to fund such a start up, as numerous companies have discovered with everything from the Bren Ten to the Merwin and Hulbert. It's an incredibly difficult task to accomplish, even with a modern and innovative design like the Hudson H9, let alone a dinosaur like this. Here in 2019, the percentage of the shooting public who knows or cares about the Bren Ten is stark. Those who do are a few old grey hairs (or no hairs like me) who's interest is based entirely on nostalgia.
    Well I’ll remember that as prices continue to climb into the stratosphere. The Bren Ten is iconic and regardless of how it’s built, it will always have a strong following.

User Tag List