Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: “Large bore LCR?”

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I have always wondered how Charter Arms manages to fit five 44 Specials in what is essentially a D-frame Colt size revolver, when S&W and Ruger just can't manage it in anything smaller than an L-frame or the GP-100. Curious don't you think?

Dave
    I've always been under the impression the Charter Arms offering were also more of a "carry a lot, shoot a little" proposition. I've heard about more of them being shot loose than I have an L Frame or GP.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I want a Speed/Security Six sized LCR in 6x38sp. Basically a modern S&W 12/315. Light weight. Six shots. Svelte.
    Don’t tempt my dreams like that. A k-frameish sized LCR six shooter gives me the big wood

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I want a Speed/Security Six sized LCR in 6x38sp. Basically a modern S&W 12/315. Light weight. Six shots. Svelte.
    Oh, man.....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I have always wondered how Charter Arms manages to fit five 44 Specials in what is essentially a D-frame Colt size revolver, when S&W and Ruger just can't manage it in anything smaller than an L-frame or the GP-100. Curious don't you think?

Dave
    Unconcerned with longevity? A realization very very very few of their customers will shoot more than a box of ammunition through it?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I'd probably pry open my dusty wallet for that with the Wheels of Justification spitting out things like "lightweight backpacking option"...

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Unconcerned with longevity? A realization very very very few of their customers will shoot more than a box of ammunition through it?
    I think if you are selling a cheap gun that shoots really expensive ammunition, that's a safe bet.

I'd probably pry open my dusty wallet for that with the Wheels of Justification spitting out things like "lightweight backpacking option"...
    Since I actually DO backpack, I can spin those wheels of justification awful hard. I've thought about a 3" .357 LCRx for exactly those reasons.

But damn, they're ugly.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Since I actually DO backpack, I can spin those wheels of justification awful hard. I've thought about a 3" .357 LCRx for exactly those reasons.

But damn, they're ugly.
    I do, too, although I'm still pretty new to it. My son and I are doing some over-nighters and dispersed camping. I've been taking my 2" .357 LCR. There's not much in the way of dangerous critters here, though. I swapped the front sight out for a night sight. At night I put it in one of the interior tent pockets and the night sight makes it really easy to locate if I were to need it.

As we venture further afield were there actually are dangerous critters I'll likely have to rethink that.

I do, too, although I'm still pretty new to it. My son and I are doing some over-nighters and dispersed camping. I've been taking my 2" .357 LCR. There's not much in the way of dangerous critters here, though. I swapped the front sight out for a night sight. At night I put it in one of the interior tent pockets and the night sight makes it really easy to locate if I were to need it.

As we venture further afield were there actually are dangerous critters I'll likely have to rethink that.
    For what it's worth, I live in the PNW and have cougars, black bears and meth-heads on the list. On our family trips, I'm perfectly fine with a Glock 19 with a penetrator load. My wife can shoot the G19.

I gave up trying to make the special snowflake Glock 20 run reliably and sold it.

For my solo trips, I carry a 4" .357.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    For what it's worth, I live in the PNW and have cougars, black bears and meth-heads on the list. On our family trips, I'm perfectly fine with a Glock 19 with a penetrator load. My wife can shoot the G19.

I gave up trying to make the special snowflake Glock 20 run reliably and sold it.

For my solo trips, I carry a 4" .357.
    This, minus the Glocks

(not that I don't like my G45).
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Don’t tempt my dreams like that. A k-frameish sized LCR six shooter gives me the big wood
    That right there would have me beating on Ruger's door screaming take my money now

User Tag List