Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: “Large bore LCR?”

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I have always wondered how Charter Arms manages to fit five 44 Specials in what is essentially a D-frame Colt size revolver, when S&W and Ruger just can't manage it in anything smaller than an L-frame or the GP-100. Curious don't you think?

Dave
    Charter 44 Bulldogs handle "Standard Pressure" 44spl .. well .. I have a Charter Bulldog now ..and owned several in tbe past ... I never shot one loose ... But , having said that . I never shot any " Stout or above standard pressure ammo ..
    and I wouldn't ..
    Ruger useally..over builds their revolvers ...

But for my use .. Id pick the Charter 44spl Bulldog over the GP100 5 shot 44spl ... Id definitely get a S&W 69 over the GP100 44spl ...

But a Security Six in 44 spl would be nice ...

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye63 View Post
    Charter 44 Bulldogs handle "Standard Pressure" 44spl .. well .. I have a Charter Bulldog now ..and owned several in tbe past ... I never shot one loose ... But , having said that . I never shot any " Stout or above standard pressure ammo ..
    and I wouldn't ..
    Ruger useally..over builds their revolvers ...

But for my use .. Id pick the Charter 44spl Bulldog over the GP100 5 shot 44spl ... Id definitely get a S&W 69 over the GP100 44spl ...

But a Security Six in 44 spl would be nice ...
    The laughable attempts at quality control that are typical of current production Charter guns mean I’d never touch one for any situation where I might need my gun to actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The laughable attempts at quality control that are typical of current production Charter guns mean I’d never touch one for any situation where I might need my gun to actually work.
    Quality control, at Ruger is "The Joke" My Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39 .. the tooling marks on the bolt , reminds me of a Model 38 Mosin Nagant carbine I once owned ... But with the canted barrels that S&W are rolling out now on their J frames ... .. Seems like QC is a thing of the past.

Quality control, at Ruger is "The Joke" My Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39 .. the tooling marks on the bolt , reminds me of a Model 38 Mosin Nagant carbine I once owned ... But with the canted barrels that S&W are rolling out now on their J frames ... .. Seems like QC is a thing of the past.
    Revolver QC as a whole seems to be a thing of the past, but.....

I've had to send in two Rugers and they both came back quickly and repaired correctly. That makes me trust Ruger a hell of a lot further than I'll ever trust Charter. Charter, to me, is like Taurus. I see one in the case and walk right on by.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Charter 44 Bulldogs handle "Standard Pressure" 44spl .. well .. I have a Charter Bulldog now ..and owned several in tbe past ... I never shot one loose ...
    and the last time this came up...

None of my revolvers get a whole lot of ammo through them .. One of my Charter alumium frames get shotmore than the rest...

Most guns hold up just fine if you don't shoot them much, or at all.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    These days revolver quality control is a return label.

Dave

I have owned at least a dozen Ruger revolvers. I have had to send one back, because there was a cosmetic defect on the trigger face.

I have literally seen Charter Arms guns fresh from the box fail to complete an entire cylinder of ammo. No manufacturer is perfect, but claiming that a Charter is better than a Ruger or a Smith out of the box is absolutely laughable.

User Tag List