Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for input on Peltor electronic ear plugs

Looking for input on Peltor electronic ear plugs

I am looking at getting a set of electronic ear plugs and Peltor appears to have a large number of similar, but differently priced ones including:
    TEP-100
    TEP-200
    LEP-200

However, I am having difficulty differentiating among them, except by price and can't find any head to head reviews. Has anybody got experience with the different models?

I've a pair of TEP-100. I would not recommend them. They are inferior in both noise suppression and sound transmission to my Sordin muffs and custom molded electronic plugs, although this could be expected. What's worse is that I had to send them back for repairs twice in one year. Would not buy again.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Taggin in.

I have several pairs of electronic ear muffs, but have considered the electronic plugs for hunting... perhaps even for doubling up under the other headphones.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Forgot to mention: I use walker razor . They seem OK and work well when shooting .308 caliber bolt action rifles with muzzle brakes. The only downside is the cable can get snagged when getting a cheek weld, pulling the ear piece out.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I've a pair of TEP-100. I would not recommend them. They are inferior in both noise suppression and sound transmission to my Sordin muffs and custom molded electronic plugs, although this could be expected. What's worse is that I had to send them back for repairs twice in one year. Would not buy again.
    Can you provide link/source for the custom molded electronic plugs you use.

I like the TEP-100s for pistol use only. Might be alright for precision rifle if you're not on the line with a bunch of other shooters. Carbine class is a no-go.
    #RESIST

I have some TEP-100s also and like them quite a bit for outdoor pistol shooting or shooting my silenced SBR, especially in the Texas heat. I prefer the "skull-screw" foam attachment and the performance definitely seems on par with my Sordins.

For indoor or unsuppressed rifle I prefer to double up so the Sordins get the nod there.
    Last edited by dontshakepandas; 06-13-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Can you provide link/source for the custom molded electronic plugs you use.
    https://thehouseofhearing.com/

One of their guys is a shooter who comes to matches, with an occasional discount. I had my plugs molded at a lunch break during state match, talk about service... Expensive but work well.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I have only used them for pistol matches, but have used my TEP-100 protectors for three years with zero issues. I use the "skull screw" inserts for best results.

I have a set of the tep-200 on the way. Paid the extra for the updated design to help with wind noise. Read great reviews on the skull screws, but I'm trying the ones that are included first. Hopefully a range session on Sunday...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

User Tag List