Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talon grip stick-ons for Shield: rubber or granulate?

Talon grip stick-ons for Shield: rubber or granulate?

I want a little help getting a good grip on a Shield, and these grip stick-ons are highly rated. I prefer stippled grips: is it a "given" that the granulate version will deliver the same level of control?

https://talongungrips.com/pistol-gri...on/shield.html

Name:  20C9633C-A45B-4E1C-9671-F5E1BDDD8A57.jpeg
Views: 1480
Size:  13.0 KB
    Last edited by BruceinWV; 06-12-2019 at 08:58 PM.
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia!

Granulate was WAY to rough for my taste. Even for a competition pistol. If you flub your grip you can’t slide your hand at all to fix it. I vastly prefer the rubber, although it gets slick when sweaty.

Depends. I like a really rough texture so I would go granulate. I have a set of the rubber ones and I don't think they're grippy enough but that's just my opinion. I think it's a pretty subjective thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I think talon grips are awesome! they wont last forever but they are cheep enough that you can buy a few at a time or just replace them as needed (this also depends on how much you shoot). I have used the rubber grips on my px4 cc and I may be in the minority but, by a long shot I prefer the granulated option. the rubber grips are absolutely more comfortable for carry but once my hand gets sweaty they become slick. the granulated option on the other hand does a fantastic job of locking the pistol in the hand and if you find the grit too much than just take some sand paper to it. ill take the slight discomfort of the granulated grip on my belly but in return have a very positive purchase on the gun. also after a good amount of use the grit becomes less and dosnt bother me as much om my skin as im carrying the gun.

I believe the granulated option gives more of a solid grip on the gun than a stipple job.

pro tip. absolutely use a heat gun or hair dryer to "meld" the talons to the pistol grip. you will be kinda sorta ok without doing this but heating the grip to bind it to the pistol makes a substantial difference. heat that baby up once you have put it on and work it into all the little cracks and crevasses.

I prefer granulate. The rubber doesn't really add much grip.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tried the granulate texturing on my Shield a few years back, didn’t like it how it impeded my draw when I was getting my firing hand fingers around the frontstrap. Sanded it down and it still didn’t work so I tried the rubber texture and I’m happy with those. I find the Shield with rubber talon grips to be very controllable even with hotter 9mm range ammo.

I've currently got granulate on my Glock 19 and rubber on my Glock 48. While the granulate definitely helps, I do think I like the rubber a little more. Additionally, it may be worth putting a little bit of granulate tape on your support hand index point; it'll scratch the holster you carry it in for a while until it wears in, but it seems to help me be more consistent with my support hand placement.

Site Supporter
    I'm more a fan of granulate. Adding some "true grit" to the grip has helped me center my groups on a few pistols.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodralig View Post
    I prefer granulate. The rubber doesn't really add much grip.
    The rubber has a slight sticky “gummy” feel, I do like it, but it doesn’t seem to help much once your hands are sweaty.

I have the rubber on my 1.0 9mm Shield, while better than the plan grip, it isn’t as good as the 2.0 grip texture on my 45 Shield.

User Tag List