Thread: Glock 48 vs. 43x

Glock 48 vs. 43x

Getting ready to purchase a 48 or 43x and send it to boresight solutions for some grip work. I noticed that many of you preferred the 43x over the 48 in the reviews thread which surprised me. I handled both and didn’t prefer one over the other. I figured since this will be an aiwb gun I’d go with the 48 for the extra length, plus more sight radius and velocity isn’t a bad thing either.

Some of you have seen better accuracy with the 43x which was surprising to me as well. Anyway, I defer to you guys, let me know your thoughts.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I got a 48, thinking I'd like it better than my 43. Turns out I prefer the 43 slide on the 48 frame best (creating my own 43X). I just shot steel a couple times so I don't really have any hard accuracy/speed data on that, it's just what I ended up liking the best.

If I didn't already have a 43 to steal the slide from, I'd be completely fine with the 48 as-is. If I owned neither, I'd get the 43X.

I have a 43 and a 48. I have also shot a 43X (not many rounds). The last 6 months or so I have had to shoot a public indoor ranges so I don't have any timer data to accompany the thoughts below.

I hate the 43 and do not shoot it well (less accurate, much more snap, and I occasionally hit the slide lock). The 43X was marginally better than the 43 but it did not seem like a significant improvement to me. The 48 was noticeably better for me than either the 43 or the 43X in terms of accuracy and felt recoil. It still squirmed in my had a bit but it felt much closer to a 19 than it did to either the 43 or the 43X. I still prefer a 17 or 19 but I will occasionally carry the 48.

Just my $0.02.

Have both, prefer the 43X.

Have neither, and can't muster the energy to go buy one or the other. My Glock 19 works for when I need a 15 round handgun, and the 26 is good for general EDC. I have an LCR for pocket.

I've handled both, of the two I would pick the G43X solely due to being more compact for a 10 round slimline gun. I am not sure what objective (read: significant that would make any difference) benefit the G48 offers. I hasten to add I've not shot either one, so take with a couple tons of salt.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Have neither, and can't muster the energy to go buy one or the other. My Glock 19 works for when I need a 15 round handgun, and the 26 is good for general EDC. I have an LCR for pocket.

I've handled both, of the two I would pick the G43X solely due to being more compact for a 10 round slimline gun. I am not sure what objective (read: significant that would make any difference) benefit the G48 offers. I hasten to add I've not shot either one, so take with a couple tons of salt.
    I still carry a 19 90% of the time.

What I really like (because I own both) is the capability to put the 43 back together and carry with 6 rounds, if I really needed to conceal it. Which so far I haven't. But I like the option. Of course buying a 43 and 48 just to be able to do that is a spendy option...but I didn't do it on purpose.

(43 with +2 Suarez extension is the same length as a 48 mag, if anyone was wondering.)

Site Supporter
    I just bought a blue label 48. I didn’t even try the 43X. The 48 reminds me of a LW Commander 1911. Nice and slim for IWB carry. Truthfully if none of the commie states had started their mag capacity shenanigans I would have just kept carrying my model 19. I still haven’t decided on sights for the 48

User Tag List