Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Does anyone keep the dot intensity at the level where Aimpoint makes their batter life claims? over the dozen or so rifle sights I've had, I'm always about 2 levels higher
    Setting 6 is the advertised 1.5 years (15,000 hours). Setting 6 is great for low light if you're not using any kind of white light illumination. Given that everyone uses a white light, setting 6 is not enough.

I don't have any newer SF lights with sun-like lumen numbers. Most of my stuff is 300-500, and I find setting 7 to be sufficient with my white lights. Outside, during the bright midday sun here in FL, setting 8 is the bare minimum with 9 being much better. It seems others are finding the same, so the advertised battery life numbers are turning out to be pretty meaningless.

To expound on my thoughts a bit, because as an Aimpoint product, I'm pretty perplexed by all this. All I can do is hope that the battery life issues are the result of last minute firmware or hardware tweaking, because I can't for the life of me fathom that initial launch consumers are the first people to figure out...

Setting 6 gets washed out by white lights. Need at least setting 7 or 8 at night.
    Setting 6 isn't bright enough outdoors during daylight, in any amount of light. Need at least setting 7 or 8, but more likely setting 9+.
    In normal use, people are having to replace batteries in weeks, not months, let alone years.
    Setting 9 will kill a battery inside 10 days.

This doesn't even take into consideration potential affects of heat on the 1225 battery, which are yet to be fully understood.
    Last edited by StraitR; 06-14-2019 at 03:59 PM.

So has anyone contacted Aimpoint?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Over on the P & S Facebook page there’s a thread about this. Here’s the initial post:

Someone later in the thread said Aimpoint is expecting 6 months out of setting 7. Not sure if 7 is that useable anyways though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Over on the P & S Facebook page there’s a thread about this. Here’s the initial post:

Someone later in the thread said Aimpoint is expecting 6 months out of setting 7. Not sure if 7 is that useable anyways though.

Given the size of the Acro, worrying about a little more volume to enclose a larger battery seems like Ashley Graham wondering if she should skip desert.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm gonna say it. What a cluster. With how much people talk crap on optics like Eotech who has a projected run life of 600 hours on a usable daylight bright setting (exps 3-0). The Acro on the same setting is going what? like 300 hours maybe on a usable setting? hmm
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 06-14-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post

Wow, since I had an RMR already, I kinda assumed I'd practice with the RMR gun and carry the ACRO. Now I think it might be the reverse...

Way to drop the ball on that one Aimpoint.

I think we need to hear from Aimpoint. 1.5 years at setting 6 is hard to square with 8 days at the highest setting.

Some possibilities are:

1) there have been a bunch of reduced capacity batteries shipped with new units.

2) there are problems with components within this batch of Acro units that are consuming more power.

3) there is a crazy increase in power consumption between setting 6 and the brighter settings.

4) Aimpoint made a mistake when they measured consumption and published the spec.

And probably a bunch more possible explanations.

Just one anecdote, but right now I am turning on an unmounted Acro on high with a new battery, and setting it on my bench, in about 70F temperatures. Will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just one anecdote, but right now I am turning on an unmounted Acro on high with a new battery, and setting it on my bench, in about 70F temperatures. Will see what happens.
    It was easier to do it on a slide. So, 16:52, Friday, June 14, 2019, the test starts. Unit is on high, which is 3 clicks above the setting that the unit awakes to.

User Tag List