Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Well, that’s a big “Who cares?” from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Tactical dirt colored T2 with a Vickers logo and $99 surcharge to go with it?
    Very close, but you underestimated the surcharge. T2 with Vickers logo and a 1.57 Scalarworks mount. $150 over the cost of the same package without the Vickers logo through Scalarworks.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Very close, but you underestimated the surcharge. T2 with Vickers logo and a 1.57 Scalarworks mount. $150 over the cost of the same package without the Vickers logo through Scalarworks.
    Couldn't even bother to make it tactical dirt colored. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Well, that’s a big “Who cares?” from me.
    Beyond.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have been a loyal Aimpoint customer for decades and own many of them.

This “introduction” has me very puzzled. Either Aimpoint has no marketing and product development departments and should get them, or they do have them and all those people should be fired. Everyone knows that the Acro needs a bigger battery, and they tease an introduction, only to reveal that it is a Vickers monogrammed micro with a mount that has been available for years. Frankly, the last thing I want on the side of my expensive T2 is the LAV’s logo — that reduces its value. Sort of like the dude that paints Dallas Cowboys on the side of his new Raptor, and wonders why it loses 35 percent of its value when he goes to sell it. Aimpoint needs a management house cleaning.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

This “introduction” has me very puzzled. Either Aimpoint has no marketing and product development departments and should get them, or they do have them and all those people should be fired. Everyone knows that the Acro needs a bigger battery, and they tease an introduction, only to reveal that it is a Vickers monogrammed micro with a mount that has been available for years. Frankly, the last thing I want on the side of my expensive T2 is the LAV’s logo — that reduces its value. Sort of like the dude that paints Dallas Cowboys on the side of his new Raptor, and wonders why it loses 35 percent of its value when he goes to sell it. Aimpoint needs a management house cleaning.
    ACRO needs a bigger battery and the CompM5b 'introduced' at SHOT in Jan and 'available by June' is still not yet available. I guess Aimpoint didn't say which June it would be available by.

And man no one should paint logos on the side of a vehicle anymore not with vinyl wraps in existence...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

I, too, have a number of Aimpoints. I mounted an ACRO on a GLOCK or two, and very much believe in the design WITH THE EXCEPTION OF BATTERY LIFE. I run the ACRO on a GEN5 G19MOS on a daily basis, but I’m an “enthusiast” who pays attention to an annoying shortcoming. I cannot recommend it for “general issue” due to the battery life issue, and I know of departments who feel the same. Aimpoint should have had a warp speed response to the power issue-they are falling behind.
    I have nothing personally against Vickers-he’s just doing his thing. If I get a Vickers sticker on my GLOCK will that improve speed and accuracy...?
    But this is disappointing and aggravating-insulting, even.

Any update on the ACRO with the bigger battery we were promised?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Any update on the ACRO with the bigger battery we were promised?
    Was it ever confirmed from a reputable source with connections to Aimpoint delevopment circles that something like this is actually in the works? Or are all accounts of this 'promise' only based on someone talking to some unnamed rep at the Aimpoint Shot Show booth?

Looks like Aimpoint’s virtual shot show kicks off on Jan 18th. I guess we will see if they have something to show on Monday.

They didn’t really tease anything other than a generic sentence that mentions new products buried in the email so I am not hopeful.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 01-16-2021 at 07:56 PM.

User Tag List