Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Any idea if that will use the same footprint? I want an ACRO, but I’m hesitant to send a slide off to get cut for one right now.
    It's probably a safe bet that IF a new ACRO is coming it will fit MOS guns.
    3/15/2016

Any idea if that will use the same footprint? I want an ACRO, but I’m hesitant to send a slide off to get cut for one right now.
    Have you considered just MOS slide? I suspect a stripped MOS slide will cost about the same as milling work.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Have you considered just MOS slide? I suspect a stripped MOS slide will cost about the same as milling work.
    Not according to Big Tex Outdoors, it’s damn near as much as a new Glock. At that point I’d just get a full MOS gun, but I don’t NEED an ACRO. I’m content to wait and see if they move to a 2032 battery and maybe then pursue a slide cut.

For now my RMR is fine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I just realized that I'm still on the original battery that I installed on 2/14. I've been using setting 7 or 8 (but mostly 7). No signs of dimming, and it will still go up to full brightness when on setting 10.
    The same 2/14 installed battery would not go to full brightness on setting 10 today. So, I finally replaced it. I'll probably proactively replace every 4 months from now on, but 6 months on the same battery for my normal usage doesn't seem too bad.

Site Supporter
    L&M Precision can cut your slide for the MOS or Unity Tactical modular cut for less than the cost of a MOS slide.

Anybody heard anything new about an updated version? I'm considering one of these for a PCC and would love to have one with longer battery life. I don't need it for a few months, but if there isn't something new coming I may just see if I can get a deal on Black Friday.

Why would you use an ACRO instead of a T series on a rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Why would you use an ACRO instead of a T series on a rifle?
    For a rifle, I wouldn’t. It would be going on an apc9k pistol that I want to easily fit in a back pack, so size is a concern.

I see, I was thinking of an AR based PCC. Although, the physical size difference between an ACRO and a T series isn’t much.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    I see, I was thinking of an AR based PCC. Although, the physical size difference between an ACRO and a T series isn’t much.
    Agreed, and I may end up doing that. I was also trying to fit a light on the top rail which was really limiting the available space, but am going to try something else to make more room.

I’d still prefer an acro with T2 battery life though, and would likely find a few other uses for them.

User Tag List