Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Or, they will cause Aimpoint to make product improvements. I still hope ACRO works out, I just wonder if it’s not soup yet.
    I am pretty confident Aimpoint will figure it out. They are an industry leader with a reputation for making some of the best optics on the planet.

The enclosed optic, in my opinion, is the logical path forward and I commend Aimpoint for doing this.

We can assume Aimpoint is aware of the battery issue and that they are working on a fix.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    From what I recall of Aimpoint's literature the ACRO will run over a year on the middle setting. Can there really be that much additional draw going up a few clicks in brightness?

Yes

According to a Aimpoint rep, the curve is not linear it is exponential. There is exponentially more draw at max brightness then say a few clicks down.

Does anyone who knows batteries and electronics in detail know if this is due to the type of battery used?

If anyone knows how to make a low draw RDS it is Aimpoint.

Next thing to test then is putting in a fresh name brand battery and setting the brightness on the highest of the middle settings. Note the date. Use, shoot and enjoy the optic with the brightness left alone. See how close we get to the advertised life.

The Acro has a small battery, and no sleep or auto adjustment feature to minimize dot intensity/battery drain when the pistol is not being fired. I will be interested to see how this plays out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

This concerns me. Maybe my planned pistol mounted RDS experiment next year will be a Shadow MR918 with a Trijicon SRO instead of a milled OEM slide and an ACRO.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

This is very discouraging, and far from what I expected from Aimpoint after two years of development and testing. Looks like I have some things to figure out.

FWIW, mine is still on and working after nine days, alternating between setting 7 and 8. That being said, I've not shot it since changing the battery, nor exposed it to heat outside at a match yet. It's been in a climate controlled home, vehicle, office, and warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    This concerns me. Maybe my planned pistol mounted RDS experiment next year will be a Shadow MR918 with a Trijicon SRO instead of a milled OEM slide and an ACRO.
    Well, at least the MR918 won't disappoint.

Does anyone know if .mil tested the ACRO before socom awarded tirjicon rmr type 2 that huge contract?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Does anyone know if .mil tested the ACRO before socom awarded tirjicon rmr type 2 that huge contract?
    Heck, I am starting to wonder if even Aimpoint tested battery life, before releasing the product.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Does anyone keep the dot intensity at the level where aimpoint makes their batter life claims? over the dozen or so rifle sights I've had, I'm always about 2 levels higher

User Tag List