Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do you think it is possible a design objective from Aimpoint USA was to have the largest ratio of battery size to overall optic size, and the words didn't translate properly into Swedish, with what went to their engineers? For example, ”stor batteri” was confused with “liten batteri.”

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/th...d-for-big.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=swed...&client=safari
    Something got lost for sure in regards to the battery capacity.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 09-24-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do you think it is possible a design objective from Aimpoint USA was to have the largest ratio of battery size to overall optic size, and the words didn't translate properly into Swedish, with what went to their engineers? For example, ”stor batteri” was confused with “liten batteri.”
    I deal with Swedish engineers several times a year (Flir is a Swedish company).
    They know everything, the end user doesn't know what they want or need.
    By far the most arrogant engineers I've ever had the displeasure of working with and that's saying something because I work with a lot of Texas A&M Aggies.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

This thread is gold.

Buddy ran his acro equipped glock in a class over this last week, zero issues. Ran it on 6 power in bright daylight, no issues. Hasn't changed the battery in 5 months.

I've had similar experience.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I think that a replacement cap for the battery compartment to allow for a larger battery sounds really cool. In the hypothetical, who do you think in the industry would be best suited for the task?
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    I think that a replacement cap for the battery compartment to allow for a larger battery sounds really cool. In the hypothetical, who do you think in the industry would be best suited for the task?
    Aridus or Tau Dev?
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Forward Controls Design maybe? They did recently release those improved adjustment caps for the Aimpoint Micros.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I was told that this battery type did not allow for “stacking” to boost capacity, would an adaptor to fit the current battery footprint allow for a larger battery to be used on top of it?

It is a really, really bad idea to put lithium primaries in parallel, which is what we would need to increase life. If you hand-made bundled cells it would work I guess. You’d have to make sure they were really close to the same voltage when you assembled them.

CR1225 3Voutput 50mAH capacity 2.5mm H 12.0mm W
    CR2032 3Voutput 235mAh capacity 2.9-3.2mm H 19.7-20mm W

CR2477 3V output 1AH 7.7mm H 24.5mm W

Batteries are outside of my lane, minus practical usage at the user-level. It looks like it's all pretty dimension locked to the CR1225's width given the recessed design, unless you're willing to have a second set of threading to accommodate the increased diameter, with all of the lateral dimensional increase that goes with that.

That said, it looks like such batteries are occasionally paired up in some watches, a la https://youtu.be/FY6qMTKfoMw?t=235 ; so while not understanding the underlying truths, a battery cap that can accommodate an additional CR1225 and any required nonconductive spacer might add... 3.5mm? So a little over 1/8". That'd be relatively easy to accommodate in the holster world for an enclosing optical hood; and would require no change for holsters that do not enclose the optic, e.g. RCS Eidolon and Perun.
    Last edited by runcible; 09-29-2019 at 06:22 AM.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

User Tag List