Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Site Supporter
    I wouldn’t getting my hopes up based on this.

I’m pretty sure that the “battery life” issue is that the small battery that the acro uses has a short life because it stores exponentially less energy than most batteries used in red-dot sights. I don’t think that can be fixed without going to a larger size battery.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 09-23-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I wouldn’t getting my hopes up based on this.

I’m pretty sure that the “battery life” issue is that the small battery that the acro uses has a short life because it stores exponentially less energy than most batteries used in red-dot sights. I don’t think that can be fixed without going to a larger size battery.
    Yea, math says that any increase in battery life Aimpoint came up with will be counted in days not months.
    If they can't get 6 months on a battery it'll still be a hard pass from me (and I bet 6 weeks is a stretch).
    I'm hoping because I really like the design for my intended purpose, but I'm expecting disappointment.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Indeed, my friend.
    Fixed it how? What's the new run times on the higher settings?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I wish I had more to add for details, but that was all I found. Without rereading this thread, has anybody contacted Aimpoint about these issues here? How recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I wish I had more to add for details, but that was all I found. Without rereading this thread, has anybody contacted Aimpoint about these issues here? How recently?
    I emailed this morning. Got a reply within a couple hours.

Announced changes are:

More audible/tactile clicks on the windage and elevation

Slight change in housing shape to better fit some holsters (I assume some version of Safariland. Who else makes a red dot duty holster?)

No change to electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I emailed this morning. Got a reply within a couple hours.

Announced changes are:

More audible/tactile clicks on the windage and elevation

Slight change in housing shape to better fit some holsters (I assume some version of Safariland. Who else makes a red dot duty holster?)

No change to electronics.

Any day, I expect Gabe to post a DOW, consisting of drawing your Acro equipped blaster, realizing the battery has died, and changing the battery on the clock.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just curious since I don't own an Acro.
    Could someone make a battery cap that allows a second battery to be installed in parallel like what has been done with the M2's?
    From looking at pictures it looks like a simple add on that wouldn't add much at all (maybe 1/8" to the battery cap) to the form factor.
    Last edited by JodyH; 09-24-2019 at 08:41 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Any day, I expect Gabe to post a DOW, consisting of drawing your Acro equipped blaster, realizing the battery has died, and changing the battery on the clock.
    FIFU:
    Any day, I expect Gabe to post a DOW, consisting of drawing your ACRO equipped blaster before your brand new battery dies.
    David S.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Just curious since I don't own an Acro.
    Could someone make a battery cap that allows a second battery to be installed in parallel like what has been done with the M2's?
    From looking at pictures it looks like a simple add on that wouldn't add much at all (maybe 1/8" to the battery cap) to the form factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Thanks!

It's probably a dumb idea, but Aimpoint (or anyone handy with a lathe) could make an extended battery cap that would allow the use of larger capacity batteries -- like the CR2032 in the Micros which would give ~4.5 to 5 times the run time (or even something crazy like a 1000mAh CR2477 for ~20x). Yeah, it would stick out a bit (how much depends upon what battery you design it for) -- sort of like the brightness adjustment on the Micro. And you'd have install the battery after mounting the optic (and remove the battery before removing the optic) since it would cover the crossbolt screw. But hey, the battery would now last longer than a week.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Do you think it is possible a design objective from Aimpoint USA was to have the largest ratio of battery size to overall optic size, and the words didn't translate properly into Swedish, with what went to their engineers? For example, ”stor batteri” was confused with “liten batteri.”

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/th...d-for-big.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=swed...&client=safari
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List