Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

I installed a Renata battery in my ACRO on 15 June. Unit was off for around 48 hours due to trips, etc.. As of this afternoon, I had shot a Steel Challenge and a small IDPA match, about 200 rounds total, with no issues. I have been practicing “power management”, for lack of a better term. Level 7/8 at dusk, level 9 during bright daylight. As of 2000h this evening, unit still goes to “10”.
    My belief is that with power management, one can manage the unit successfully over a month. I’ll change the battery this week, and continue on a monthly basis. I do wish the battery life was longer, but I am pleased with the format of two lenses, and have seen no issues with daily carry.
    Perhaps the rumor of a modified design will be true, and improvement forthcoming. Time will tell.

A quick conservative summary:
    Level 10: 1 week (tested)
    Level 9: 2+ weeks (tested)
    Level 8: undergoing testing(GJM)

Level 7 is claimed by Aimpoint at 6 months. Lower levels not of interest to me presently. Someone better at math may be able to begin extrapolation here. I’ll be managing power on my unit as we continue. I appreciate @StraitR technique of placing a battery in the GLOCK receiver void.

On 15 August, replaced battery in ACRO. I had practiced “power management” carefully, and additionally had powered off on various days due to travel, other weapons, etc. I am fairly confident on being able to manage the intensity and power over a one month period. I think with an event such as class, big match, etc, one might go the conservative route and switch out proactively.
    I look forward to seeing how Aimpoint works with the units as more come into the US.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just installed a new battery, Friday July 19, 2019, and set the Acro two clicks down from max.
    Battery depleted August 22, 2019, so just over a month on this setting. Gun was not shot, sat in the gun safe, so no idea if heat would be a factor if the gun was being shot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Battery depleted August 22, 2019, so just over a month on this setting. Gun was not shot, sat in the gun safe, so no idea if heat would be a factor if the gun was being shot.
    What brand of battery did you use?
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    What brand of battery did you use?
    Renata

Came across this randomly on my IG feed today, not sure if it's been covered here yet but Larry Vickers has something to say about it...

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 5.35.41 PM.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  64.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Came across this randomly on my IG feed today, not sure if it's been covered here yet but Larry Vickers has something to say about it...

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 5.35.41 PM.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  64.3 KB
    Vickers said Aimpoint has fixed the Acro battery life issue?

Vickers said Aimpoint has fixed the Acro battery life issue?
    Indeed, my friend.

Site Supporter
    I was expecting the Acro to have a crazy long battery life similar to the T-1. Hopefully that is the case now.

User Tag List